A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

My Extended Warranty Search

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Website request for quote responded "do not offer warr. for vehicles exceeding 30k miles"!

I'm in california and inputted the data for my 2001 A6.<ul><li><a href="http://warrantybynet.com/request.asp?m=1">http://warrantybynet.com/request.asp?m=1</a</li></ul>
Old 03-30-2004, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Must have more than 60 days and < 30k miles for warrantybynet.com....

"For your vehicle to be eligible for our this program, it must have less than 30,000 odometer miles and have at least 60 days remaining on the manufacturer's warranty."<ul><li><a href="http://warrantybynet.com/coverage.asp?m=1">http://warrantybynet.com/coverage.asp?m=1</a</li></ul>
Old 03-30-2004, 09:23 PM

Default I'm in almost the EXACT same boat (bought used 2000 2.7T, have 45k) .... Gave up.

I couldn't find anyone that people trusted and that would cover the twin turbo's. Though I have heard some rumors that the "twin-turbo" clauses may refer to just turbos that are in-line with each other and the bi-turbo may be exempt.... I don't like the idea of risking it.

I decided to save the 2k and put it towards K04's if worst comes to worst. If you DO find someone ppl trust that will cover the car - DO TELL . I already am replacing tie-rod ends and the cam seals are leaking.

Ryan
Old 03-31-2004, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default http://www.directservicecontracts.com

I just did a live chat, cover Twin Turbos, no inspection, but if you do the exclusionary plan there is a 30day/1000mile wait before claims can be made. On the parts list plan it starts right away but doesn't cover pre-existing conditions.

They are backed by:
Lyndon Property Insurance of St. Louis MO part of Protective Life Group

AM Best ID: 03812
AM Best Rating: A- (Excellent)

Administrator:
http://www.royaladmin.com

Looks like it ends up being the Buyers Choice, INc. Warranty.

I looked up the BBB records on them and they are satisfactory. Complaints are low, but then again I have no idea how many accounts they have.

directservicecontracts.com acts as the marketer of the product. Anyone have experience with them or Buyers Choice or Royal Administration?
Old 03-31-2004, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Good information. Not in Calif. at this time, darn it.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Not to mention they are offering a $100 discount. for Audi owners right now.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Premier Plan Coverage

Their Premier PLus was like $4100, so no way am I doing that. The premier plan is about $1500, with discount about $1400, here are the parts covered:

Comprehensive "Bumper to Bumper" listed parts coverage for near-new or used vehicles. Designed for vehicles that are no longer under the original basic factory warranty but have less than 85,000 miles on the odometer.

Available Terms:

12/12, 24/24, 36/36, and 48/48 - If current mileage is 0 to 50,000.
12/12, 24/24, and 36,36 - If current mileage is 50,001 to 60,000.
12/12 and 24/24 - If current mileage is 60,001 to 75,000.
12/12 - If current mileage is 75,001 to 85,000.

Deductible: $100.00 per repair visit

Eligibility: Coverage starts immediately for vehicles that are no longer covered by the original basic factory warranty and have no more than 85,000 miles on the odometer.

Expiration: The plan expires by time or mileage, whichever occurs first. Mileage: The plan expiration is measured from the odometer mileage of the vehicle on the contract purchase date. Time: The plan expiration is measured from the contract purchase date of the vehicle.

Example: Vehicle is Model year 2000 Ford Explorer purchased on December 20, 2003 with 42,000 miles on odometer. Date of plan purchase is January 15, 2004 at which time vehicle has 45,300 miles on the odometer. Term purchased is 48/48. Plan expires January 15, 2008 (which is 48 months from date of plan purchase) or when odometer reaches 93,300 miles (which is 45,300 plus 48,000), whichever occurs first.

Coverage:

Engine - The crankshaft and bearings, oil pump, internal timing gears, timing chain, camshaft, camshaft bearings, valve lifters, rocker arm assemblies and push rods, pistons and rings, wrist pins, cylinders, connecting rods, distributor drive gear, all internal components of engine block and cylinder heads, if damage is caused by mechanical failure of an internally lubricated part. Gaskets and external seals will be covered if their replacement is necessary to complete an otherwise authorized repair.

Turbo Charger/Supercharger - All internally lubricated parts due to mechanical failure.

Transmission/Transaxle - The internal components of the automatic transmission or manual transmission, drive chain, drive chain gears, carrier bearings, internal transaxle seal. The manual transmission case and automatic transmission case and torque converter are covered, if damaged by the failure of internally lubricated parts. Transfer case, drive gears, forks, bearing thrust washer, bushing, washer and housing.

Differential Assembly Components (2 &amp; 4 wheel drive) (Front &amp; Rear)-Differential housing including pinion bearings side carrier bearings, ring and pinion gears, carrier assembly, thrust washers, axles, axle bearings, internal transaxle seal.

Timing Belt - If contract holder has followed the manufacturer's recommended maintenance intervals for replacement.

CV Joints - CV boots must not be torn at the time of failure. Lubricated joint failure only. Universal Joint (U Joint) is not included.

Steering - Internally lubricated parts contained within the steering box and pump housing, including rack and pinion, control valves, internal oil control seals, bearings, and shafts, steering box and pump housings, if damaged by failure of internally lubricated parts.

Hi-Tech Electrical - Alternator, starter motor, front and real wiper motors, cooling fan motor, fuel gauge, cooling sender, heater blower motor, neutral safety switch, overdrive switch, reverse indictor switch, voltage regulator, distributor, ignition module, ignition coil, starter solenoid, wiring harness, power switches, power window switches, door lock switches, cruise control module, power window motors, power seat motors, headlight switch, convertible top motor, clock, electric horn, power door lock actuator and switch, power sunroof motor, mileage computer, electronic instrument cluster, distributor ignition coil, automatic climate control, electronic control module.

Cooling System - Blower motor, heater core, electrical radiator fan motor, fan clutch, fan blade, water pump, thermostat, mixture control valve and overflow reservoir.

Fuel System - Vacuum pump, electrical and mechanical fuel pump, metal fuel delivery lines, fuel tank, fuel sender, pressure regulator, metering valve and fuel injectors.

Brake System - Master cylinder, wheel cylinders, disc brake calipers, ABS master cylinder, vacuum booster, hydraulic lines and fittings, pressure modulator valve, isolation dump valve, accumulator, wheel speed sensors.

Air Conditioner - Compressor, evaporator, receiver drier, accumulator, compressor clutch, idler pulley, idler pulley bearings, hi/lo compressor cut-off switch, pressure off switch, pressure cycling switch, cooling fan motors.

Seals &amp; Gaskets - All seals and gaskets are covered when required in conjunction with the replacement of a covered component. Head gaskets and intake manifold gaskets are covered for coolant leaks only on vehicles with up to 100,000 miles.

Fluids - Engine oil, power steering fluid, antifreeze and transmission fluid are all covered items when required during the authorized repair process.

Towing - Provides up to $50.00 per occurrence.

Substitute Transportation - Up to $40.00 per day, $200.00 maximum per claim.

24 Hour Roadside Assistance - Including but not limited to emergency lock out service, battery assistance, flat tire assistance, emergency fluid delivery and emergency road service.

Trip Interruption Intervention - If you are left stranded due to the failure of a covered component and you are more than 100 miles from home, we provide up to $75 per day towards trip interruption expenses up to a maximum of $300.00.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I went with directservicecontracts.com

Base don teh info i posted here, a telephone call or two and some live chats, and a $100 discount it is $1425, $300 down and $93/mo (or somehting like that) for a year. No interest.

This way if something goes bad with them in the near future I'm not totally out $1425.

Oh yeah, this is for 3yr/36000 miles from...today. It is effective immediately.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Also not available in CA, BTW.