A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

You all read my posts about bulbs right?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You all read my posts about bulbs right?

I ended up putting clear bulbs in the city lights and they look beter then the silver or painted IMO.

They were $2 for both at K-mart and are dual filament Philips brand, go figure.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

How did you do the city lights???
Old 08-28-2003, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default City lights, turn signal bulb both the same...

Thats what I was reffering to just so you know.

Its a PITA to get to the passenger side one. However, on my 2.8, since I only rebolted the two top bolts on my headlights, I take out some of the plastic engine covers (also some sort of ventilation tube, it all snaps back in without any tools required), unbolt the 2 headlight screws and have far easier access then attempting to wedge my arm around in there to remove the bulb with harness. This also makes it a lot easier to put it back in.

Otherwise, I dont know how one would get in there normally and the 2.7T and 4.2's engine covers are different (larger from pictures Ive seen) so I'm not sure how easy it is to access.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Can you clarify...

What is meant by city lights? Is this a mod for daytime lights? I missed earlier posts, I guess.

Also, was it you who still had a problem after putting stock bulbs back in? How was that resolved?
Old 08-28-2003, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I was looking at mine headlights and noticed that they do have a small hole just above...

the main headlight for a city light. I thought that maybe you have installed this light also when you cleared your lenes. I'm going to give it a shot over the long weekend - do you have any comments on the procedure??

Thanks a bunch, good talking with ya this week
Alex
Old 08-28-2003, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default i think i know what he means...

he's referring to the regular parking lights (the amber bulbs)

city lights are only on Euro headlights (our lights have been filled in where that should go)

and they are daytime type lights that light up just enough to fill the headlight and create a light dim similiar to how driving with just your parking lights on at dusk would look (only white light-not amber).

st, you have this on your euro lights correct?

cL you should be careful about putting clear lights in your blinkers...lots of 'ricers' get pulled over for not having amber turn signals.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Cool!
Old 08-28-2003, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default No worries, they still blink amber...

I did not realize there was a difference but correct, the turn lights were what I was refering to.

Me, get pulled over? Why. Because of my tint all around in a no front tint city? Or because I have no amber reflectors in my headlights? Or because my rear smoked tail lights are not DOT approved? Or because my front and rear plate numbers are different from eachother but both registered to this car? Or because I have a Euro front plate in a city where front plates are madatory?

You get the picture. I'm not that concerned for reasons.....<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/289107.phtml">posted before</a></li></ul>
Old 08-28-2003, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default It was resolved...

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/289975.phtml">Thanks to this post</a></li></ul>
Old 08-28-2003, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Sorry for the mix up...

...Good luck with the CC and I gues City Light mod as well.

Give a call if you have any run-ins.

Quick Reply: You all read my posts about bulbs right?