A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

milltek catback highly recommeded if you want something quiet...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default milltek catback highly recommeded if you want something quiet...

I just installed the milltek catback exhaust and it is nice. Although installing took some time cause the adapters do not fit with downpipes. If someone is looking for a good quiet exhaust, Milltek is the way to go. Make sure you tell them stock or after market downpipes!
Old 03-14-2003, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: milltek catback highly recommeded if you want something quiet...

Glad to hear you like the Milltek exhaust! I've had the exhaust for a month or two, and just received my DP's in yesterdays "brown box". I really like the sound too! Quiet around town and very nice when on the power too!

Have you logged any airmass runs with the new exhaust? I did awhile ago (with stock dp's) and got a solid 8% increase in peak air.

Also, how do you like the O.CT chip? Which stage do you have? It would be interesting to hear your review!

BTW, the adapters that came with my DP's look right for the Milltek exhaust, but the adapters that came with the exhaust in the first place were incorrect -- they fit the DP's but amazingly did not fit the Milltek exhaust!!! Stratmosphere said that Milltek received a batch of mismarked adapters and that it had all been straightened out. You may have been affected by this.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default goin to stage 3 next week, I like the chip but i cannot really compare....

because I haven't really tested any other chip. Did you have a shop install your pipes, i have a really really hard time trying to mke the two sides match correctly, it's still a little off.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Dealer installed my Milltek exhaust and comment about O.CT software

My dealer's head mechanic did the install for me, and did a very good job. The tips line up very well at the valence. Under the car, one of the pipes is just a cm or so lower than the other where they come past the rear sway bar, and I'll correct that when the DP's go in.

Question for you: did you have any clearance problems with the AWE DTS and the Milltek? I have not heard of any problems, but the new exhaust is much bigger than stock!

If you are at O.CT stage 1 now, and going to stage 3 software you will notice a big difference! Markus likes to keep operating temps at a safe level for sustained driving at high rpm / throttle settings, so installing the DP's and exhaust allows him to use more boost and more timing. This makes a big difference in torque and in top-end horsepower!

I have been running a special version of O.CT's stage 2 software, modified to take advantage of my K-04's and Milltek exhaust, but timing and boost are somewhat constrained, as the stock DP's are have been in place. It yields excellent performance, and I can't wait to get the DP's installed! The upgrade to Stage 4 SW will really open up the top end and bump the torque up too!

Enjoy your new setup!
Old 03-14-2003, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default There was no prob with the downpipe fitment, they clear the DTS. The thing with stage 3...

is that i have to have the FPR install, but if I want to take the car back to the dealer for oilchange and what not, I will have to install the stock chip with the stock FPR. Stratmosphere told me that I will be running too rich if i just put the stock chip back in.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default 5 bar FPR is a very easy install...

Once the engine cover is off, changing an fpr takes a few minutes. I have a picture from the Bentley manual showing its location and the o-rings you have to preserve etc... LMK and I will email you if you are interested.

Just remove the clip (rag in place to catch the squirt of fuel), remove the manifold hose, pull out the fpr and slip in the new one. Piece of cake!
Old 03-14-2003, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

thanks, will there be a lot of fuel coming out or just a little?
Old 03-14-2003, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default A good shop towel will catch it all...

It really depends on what you mean by a lot...

I would avoid open flames, keep the ignition off, and surround the area with a few small shop towels. I also keep a towel "around" the fpr as I remove it. The fuel rail retains some pressure after shut down, but the amount of fuel you'll experience is pretty slight.

I sent you email.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks again
Old 03-14-2003, 03:21 PM
Elder Member

Default Haystack, I received my Millteks from Strat. last

week. When did they solve the adapter problem (do I need to worry and what do I look for)? Can't wait to install them; but, one of the mufflers was damaged and had to go back. New one should be here next week. Really looking forward to enjoying them.

Quick Reply: milltek catback highly recommeded if you want something quiet...