A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Wet carpet in my 2005 audi A6- need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet carpet in my 2005 audi A6- need help

It has been raining for the last 2 days and the driver side carpet
and also the rear on the driver side only is wet.
My wife was drivibng the car around and she also had the A/C on.
I cannot seem to pin point where the water is coming from.
This happened once before when it was raining.
The passenger side is dry both front and rear.
Any ideas of how to find the leak??
pl help
Old 04-16-2010, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Check the drain holes around the sunroof frame. They may be clogged and cause water intrusion. Also check the seals around the door frames for any kinks, rips, or tears. Also make sure the window seals are nice and tight with no gaps when the windows are up.

The only other thing I can think of is the drain for the air conditioning condensor may be clogged and water is backing up into the interior instead of draining thru the drain hose underneath the car.

Good luck.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had the same problem couple weeks ago.....in my case it was the the drain holes in fron of the car that was clooged .if u lift up ur hoood and take out the black piece of plastic up front like if u changing the carbin filter . they got drians in that deep well.......normally leaves and stuff get down there and stay there...lol. CAUTION when using a vacuum to clean out that section put something to protect ur fender cause i left fine scratches on mines.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You haven't got an avant have you??

On the avants the pipe comes apart under the drivers side for the rear washer and fills this area.

Whatever the reason is you need to get it sorted as there is loads of electronics down there that get ruined when wet, like bluetooth module etc. and they cost thousands to replace.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I got the same exact problem end of the last summer. Windows and sunroof were all closed. I couldn't pint point the problem but I did clear up every single drain all around the cars. I lifted the whole entire car up, took the whole bottom off and drain the water from the subframe. Trust me, everytime your carpet got wet, there is a TON of water inside the subframe and without draining all those out, there will be a big problem down the road.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default leak inside the 2005 audi A6

I opened the hood, and I remove the long plastic cover. I sprayed a little water on the driver side (where the windshield water with the blue cap is) and I looked inside the car and see water dripping from the top of the black cover. There is nut which I can see and seems to leak somewhere from there. I used some compressed air to blow very few leaves and appears that the leak got worse.
So, will trouble shoot during the day.
Thanks to all who are helping me on this great forum.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was just about to start a search with a similar situation, except that it was the passenger side that had the water. I left my car outside at a parking lot for 2 days when it rained and when I went to pick the car up, the passenger side floor had an inch of water pooled by the floor mat and the rear seat was saturated. I thought the lot I left it at forgot to close the window, but it was weird that the seats, doors and roof were still dry.

I'll have to take a look at the suggestions here and see if I have a similar problem.

Thanks from me as well for the suggestions.

J
Old 04-19-2010, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Does anyone have a picture of where the drain holes might be? I'd like to take a look at them before I take it to the stealership. Thank God this is a CPO otherwise I'd be at BMW looking for a 535.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Wet carpet on passenger side in my 2003 A6

I left my car outside at a parking lot for 2 days when it rained and when I went to pick the car up, the passenger side floor both front and back were soaking in water. I had to sponge the car dry for half a day. I had left the car locked completely. Don't know what is clogged and where. Can one of you help?
Old 06-11-2011, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Regarding water inside the car

I had to clean the drain lines running near the sunroof and then there was no more water coming inside the car.
I dont have that car anymore.
Barry

Quick Reply: Wet carpet in my 2005 audi A6- need help