A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Vendor for ABS module rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vendor for ABS module rebuild

Pulled out the ABS module and want to get it rebuilt. I am finding a few vendors online that rebuild the module...

few on ebay for $150'ish...
cheap abs for $99
module master... i think about $300

ofcourse if everything remains the same, it comes down to price.

Has anyone used any vendor in the past that they can recommend? specifically does anyone have experience with CHEAP Bosch 5.3 ABS REPAIR VW Passat Audi A4 A6 A8 S4
Old 09-05-2016, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is at cheap abs right now, I'll report back when it's returned to me.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts

I have used BBA Reman

https://us-shop.bba-reman.com
Old 09-06-2016, 08:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I used CheapABS. It was $250 but they offer a lifetime warranty with it, which is worth it.

They were easy to deal with and quick with getting it fixed. I highly recommend them.

The only downside is the RTV gasket maker they use to re-seal it smells terrible. I didn't want to use the HVAC without putting it on recirculate. After two weeks of heat cycles the smell is gone though.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by FormulaElement
I used CheapABS. It was $250 but they offer a lifetime warranty with it, which is worth it.

They were easy to deal with and quick with getting it fixed. I highly recommend them.

The only downside is the RTV gasket maker they use to re-seal it smells terrible. I didn't want to use the HVAC without putting it on recirculate. After two weeks of heat cycles the smell is gone though.
Matt has been super easy to deal with and has answered a ton of questions I had.

How long did it take to get your module back?
Old 09-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tazerproof
Matt has been super easy to deal with and has answered a ton of questions I had.

How long did it take to get your module back?
It took as long as i wanted to pay for shipping. They only had it for a day before it was on its way back.

Note: You can still drive your car without it. There will be some major differences though:
-Your speedometer won't work.
-Odometer doesn't count miles.
-The Servtronic steering valve doesn't engage, making it harder to turn when going slow.
-The transmission shifts funny, it doesn't know when to downshift when slowing down so it waits until it has to (800rpm in my case for every gear)
-The fuel gauge goes crazy as it can't compensate for turns going at specific speeds (I saw fluctuations of 150+ miles and a quarter tank both ways)
-Lots of lights on the dash, obviously ABS and the parking break don't work.

Last edited by FormulaElement; 09-07-2016 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by FormulaElement
It took as long as i wanted to pay for shipping. They only had it for a day before it was on its way back.

Note: You can still drive your car without it. There will be some major differences though:
-Your speedometer won't work.
-Odometer doesn't count miles.
-The Servtronic steering valve doesn't engage, making it harder to turn when going slow.
-The transmission shifts funny, it doesn't know when to downshift when slowing down so it waits until it has to (800rpm in my case for every gear)
-The fuel gauge goes crazy as it can't compensate for turns going at specific speeds (I saw fluctuations of 150+ miles and a quarter tank both ways)
-Lots of lights on the dash, obviously ABS and the parking break don't work.
Thanks. Actually got it back with yesterday's UPS delivery. Won't be able to drive the car until Friday afternoon at the earliest, though. Doing the front airsprings, control arms and sway bar links and waiting for a few more parts to arrive.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just called BBA Reman. They quoted me $350 to repair my module, & $45ea. way for overnight shipping. That seems a little "steep" to me.
I think I'll see what CheapABS will do.I
Old 09-21-2016, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

CheapABS is $259+ overnight shipping charges.

However, BBA Reman has an eBay listing for $159 only. It's 55% reduced from their original price for a Bosch 8.0 repair. So, they may get my business yet! Lifetime warranty also.

Last edited by LarryJa; 09-21-2016 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:35 PM
cue
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by am_ver

ofcourse if everything remains the same, it comes down to price.

[/url]
I used Cheap ABS about two years ago. The video on their website shows how to remove the module. Pretty straight forward. No issues after it was repaired.

Quick Reply: Vendor for ABS module rebuild