Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007-present

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 118525
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 230
Default Tool Kit needed

I just purchased a 2008 A6 Avant and noticed that the tool kit is not in the side door compartment in the back? I called a couple salvage yards and most don't know what Im talking about and others don't have any audi's. Any of you know of any leads?

Thanks
justincr250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 166763
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justincr250 View Post
I just purchased a 2008 A6 Avant and noticed that the tool kit is not in the side door compartment in the back? I called a couple salvage yards and most don't know what Im talking about and others don't have any audi's. Any of you know of any leads?

Thanks
http://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/20...agramCallOut=1
__________________
2012 A6 Prestige, Brilliant Black
2005 3.2 A6, Oyster Grey Metallic
r1racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 228095
 
tenspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Honeoye New York USA
Posts: 1,996
Default

You can try eBay but I found the OEM offerings to be crude and expensive. You can find better quality and lower prices by shopping for individual items that you need.
__________________
As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,
but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake
tenspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #4
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 161252
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NorCal, USA
Posts: 1,365
Default

The OEM toolkit is a joke. The jack is worthless. I wanted a torx 30 bolt to tighten the valve gasket cover screw - nothing. I don't think there was even a philips screwdriver in it to remove the coolant expansion tank.
__________________
2006 A6 3.2 Quattro, Midnight blue/beige, Nav (retrofit), Koni FSD + Eibach springs,V1 hardwired (fusebox) - CD on dash, LED DRL, K-MACS, RS Style grill.
You can't call me a badge-ho - I'm de-BADGED!
Past:
2008 BMW 335i convertible (e93); 2007 BMW 335i coupe (e92); 2006 BMW 325i sedan (e90)

Banned from QuattroWorld
am_ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #5
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 231009
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by am_ver View Post
The OEM toolkit is a joke. The jack is worthless. I wanted a torx 30 bolt to tighten the valve gasket cover screw - nothing. I don't think there was even a philips screwdriver in it to remove the coolant expansion tank.
WTF?????
eazy211187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:27 PM   #6
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 161252
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NorCal, USA
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy211187 View Post
WTF?????
tell me about it!
__________________
2006 A6 3.2 Quattro, Midnight blue/beige, Nav (retrofit), Koni FSD + Eibach springs,V1 hardwired (fusebox) - CD on dash, LED DRL, K-MACS, RS Style grill.
You can't call me a badge-ho - I'm de-BADGED!
Past:
2008 BMW 335i convertible (e93); 2007 BMW 335i coupe (e92); 2006 BMW 325i sedan (e90)

Banned from QuattroWorld
am_ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 127679
 
raj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,127
Default

The toolkit is just a wheel change kit: jack, wheel wrench, towing eye, reversable screwdriver, and wrench.

I always carry a small emergency kit in the cavernous trunk/boot the C6 has, which has a lot more tools & supplies that come in handy in 'oh ****' situations.

BTW, for the OP...go to your local junk yard, you can usually get these pretty easily. Also, try CL (craigslist) and search for 'totaled A6' and you'll see some options.
raj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #8
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 231009
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by am_ver View Post
tell me about it!
WTF????

The toolkit is only for wheel change like raj99 said.

If you want to do other type of work then buy the correct tools.
A hammer and a nail isn't going to solve your personal issues.
eazy211187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #9
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 161252
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NorCal, USA
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy211187 View Post
WTF????

The toolkit is only for wheel change like raj99 said.

If you want to do other type of work then buy the correct tools.
A hammer and a nail isn't going to solve your personal issues.
Have you seen that jack - I'll be afraid to lift my car on that POS. Like 'WTF'! It is completely useless.
__________________
2006 A6 3.2 Quattro, Midnight blue/beige, Nav (retrofit), Koni FSD + Eibach springs,V1 hardwired (fusebox) - CD on dash, LED DRL, K-MACS, RS Style grill.
You can't call me a badge-ho - I'm de-BADGED!
Past:
2008 BMW 335i convertible (e93); 2007 BMW 335i coupe (e92); 2006 BMW 325i sedan (e90)

Banned from QuattroWorld
am_ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:47 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 236623
 
Worldwidebeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj99 View Post
The toolkit is just a wheel change kit: jack, wheel wrench, towing eye, reversable screwdriver, and wrench.

I always carry a small emergency kit in the cavernous trunk/boot the C6 has, which has a lot more tools & supplies that come in handy in 'oh ****' situations.

BTW, for the OP...go to your local junk yard, you can usually get these pretty easily. Also, try CL (craigslist) and search for 'totaled A6' and you'll see some options.
Big Plus 1. I see them on CL in Denver and ads for LOTS of people parting out A6s. I cannot believe there is much demand for them. While the kit sucks, you can't carry a floor jack for emergencies. it should be in the car and its better than a sharp stick in the eye.
Worldwidebeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community

Personal Contacts

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.