Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007-present

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 169018
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 32
Default THROTTLE BODY ISSUE,CODE P0068 ,,FIXED.

I got in my car this error codes:

012410 - Air Intake System: Flow too Low
P307A - 009 - Open or Short to Ground

000104 - MAP/MAF <-> Throttle Position Correlation
P0068 - 007 - Short to Ground - MIL ON

Could not find too much information related so i will explain how my codes were gone.

-I removed the throggle body from the car(air filter hose removed and 4 screws that hold TB to the rest of engine)

-I sprayed(i used TB & air intake cleaner from MOC)all mecanism and cleaned up with a regular cloth.(i didnt put spray even close to electronic module).

-after clean the mecanism ,i opened the electronic module(6 metalic holder that i just pull out with a flat srewdriver)and cleaned with dry cloth also bend the slower brushes slightly so they make proper contact.

After put back the TB on the car ,,I erase my dtc codes and make an Throttle Body Adjustment using ross-tech specifications....:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...Alignment_(TBA)

After 2 days the codes never come back and now my car it is a lot more smooth ( i think MPG is a little higher too),i will do this procedure every 60 k or 70 K miles because my TB was dirty (i been doing aire filter change on time and i use only shell premiun gas for the last 3 years or so)and after cleaned up my car move better.

Excuse any gramatical mistake i'm learning english... Hope this help some body..
pacheco75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 168106
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NW USA
Posts: 663
Default

Excellent english and what's even better you posted a heads-up on your problem and the fix.. thanks
mystrodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:34 AM   #3
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 188258
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
Default

I had a repair shop that was getting this DTC, would clear, test drive for a day and the fault always returned. I had them clean the throttle body and do an adaption and they reported back that the fault has not returned since then. I added that to the Ross Tech Wiki:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...2/P0068/000104


Quote:
Originally Posted by pacheco75 View Post

000104 - MAP/MAF <-> Throttle Position Correlation
P0068 - 007 - Short to Ground - MIL ON
jef@rosstech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 184473
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacheco75 View Post
I got in my car this error codes:

012410 - Air Intake System: Flow too Low
P307A - 009 - Open or Short to Ground

000104 - MAP/MAF <-> Throttle Position Correlation
P0068 - 007 - Short to Ground - MIL ON

Could not find too much information related so i will explain how my codes were gone.

-I removed the throggle body from the car(air filter hose removed and 4 screws that hold TB to the rest of engine)

-I sprayed(i used TB & air intake cleaner from MOC)all mecanism and cleaned up with a regular cloth.(i didnt put spray even close to electronic module).

-after clean the mecanism ,i opened the electronic module(6 metalic holder that i just pull out with a flat srewdriver)and cleaned with dry cloth also bend the slower brushes slightly so they make proper contact.

After put back the TB on the car ,,I erase my dtc codes and make an Throttle Body Adjustment using ross-tech specifications....:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...Alignment_(TBA)

After 2 days the codes never come back and now my car it is a lot more smooth ( i think MPG is a little higher too),i will do this procedure every 60 k or 70 K miles because my TB was dirty (i been doing aire filter change on time and i use only shell premiun gas for the last 3 years or so)and after cleaned up my car move better.

Excuse any gramatical mistake i'm learning english... Hope this help some body..

I had a similiar code for MAF. It was intermittent though. So i did the exact same thing you did and now the codes are gone
jetsfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 14894
 
beep-beep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 7,067
Default

had the same problem and the above steps fixed it thanks.

One important step is missing: take out the snow screen from the air intake and clean film of the dirt from it. I think this step alone can fix the problem in many cars with hight miles. I measured the airflow before and after the screen was cleaned. it improved by 20%.

Here are some pics for the throttle body steps.

1. you need to take off rear engine plastic cover and disconect vacuum hose from air intake pipe. It is connected via impossible Audi clips so I replaced it with the metal band with tightening screw from Autozone for the next time.

http://forums.audiworld.com/attachme...1&d=1287964033

disconnect other wires and fuel line so you can get the air pipe out. Mine has chafed flange. I think the air leak or polluted air created this MIL problem. Needless to say, I am very impressed with the quality of service of whoever jammed the pipe in first place. Probably audi technician when he replaced the air filter.

http://forums.audiworld.com/attachme...1&d=1287964033

now unscrew for bolts as marked and take off the throttler.

http://forums.audiworld.com/attachme...1&d=1287964033
the rest is very well explained in the original post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1.jpg (71.7 KB, 863 views)
File Type: jpg p2.jpg (47.4 KB, 763 views)
File Type: jpg p3.jpg (68.2 KB, 755 views)
__________________
2006 A6 Avant
1996 A6 Avant 194K miles - RIP

Last edited by beep-beep; 02-13-2013 at 07:36 AM.
beep-beep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #6
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 109908
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,111
Default

I was thinking about doing this also. What drivability issues were you having besides the trouble code? Did you happen to have unstable rpm's at light throttle?

I am having an rpm oscillation at very light throttle and all of my tests so far seem to be pointing to the throttle body.
SchwarzS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #7
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 14894
 
beep-beep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 7,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzS6 View Post
I was thinking about doing this also. What drivability issues were you having besides the trouble code? Did you happen to have unstable rpm's at light throttle?

I am having an rpm oscillation at very light throttle and all of my tests so far seem to be pointing to the throttle body.
I had the MIL light, two described codes. And these thing reappeared a day or so after I cleared them out. With the MIL on engine gave much less power.
I did not notice any other problems from your list. But I would recommend to do it because the procedure is pretty straightforward with good ROI.
__________________
2006 A6 Avant
1996 A6 Avant 194K miles - RIP
beep-beep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 196242
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 70
Default

Hey all, I'm a newbie here....have lurked a bit in the past. I have a 2006 A6 C6. I am just getting the P0068- code which is a MAP/MAF improper correlation.

Should I definitely take out the throttle body or is there any way to possibly clean it without taking it out. I don't have one, but am thinking of purchasing a VAG-COM. If I don't take it out, I won't have to recalibrate it, right? I was thinking of trying to clean it out and then clearing the codes with a friend's code reader and seeing if the P0068 light comes back. As it is, the check engine light is not always on.... Any thoughts? Also, if I have a few more beers, I may just order a VAG-COM tonight.
mmarcski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:18 AM   #9
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 14894
 
beep-beep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 7,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarcski View Post
Hey all, I'm a newbie here....have lurked a bit in the past. I have a 2006 A6 C6. I am just getting the P0068- code which is a MAP/MAF improper correlation.

Should I definitely take out the throttle body or is there any way to possibly clean it without taking it out. I don't have one, but am thinking of purchasing a VAG-COM. If I don't take it out, I won't have to recalibrate it, right? I was thinking of trying to clean it out and then clearing the codes with a friend's code reader and seeing if the P0068 light comes back. As it is, the check engine light is not always on.... Any thoughts? Also, if I have a few more beers, I may just order a VAG-COM tonight.
Before taking it out you can just try to take off the big pipe and air filter and look if something was incorrectly installed and created a air leak. As you can see from my pictures the issue was in the jammed pipe.

If it does not work out, you can proceed with taking off the throttle body. But this is not a biggy as well. I think the worst part was disconnecting electric connectors.

I would warn you from doing it after beers though.
__________________
2006 A6 Avant
1996 A6 Avant 194K miles - RIP
beep-beep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:38 AM   #10
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 169018
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 32
Default Vag com it is very important

mmarcski: taking out the throttle body help you to do a really good job if not you gonna push the dirty grime inside your intake... and buying the VAG-COM it is the best investment you can do if want to work in your car.
pacheco75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
012410, 06, 32, a4, air, audi, audiworld, code, dtc, error, flow, intake, low, p0068, p307a, position, system, throttle


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community

Personal Contacts

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.