A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

THROTTLE BODY ISSUE, CODE P0068, FIXED

Old 06-02-2010, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default THROTTLE BODY ISSUE, CODE P0068, FIXED

I got in my car this error codes:

012410 - Air Intake System: Flow too Low
P307A - 009 - Open or Short to Ground

000104 - MAP/MAF <-> Throttle Position Correlation
P0068 - 007 - Short to Ground - MIL ON

Could not find too much information related so i will explain how my codes were gone.

-I removed the throggle body from the car(air filter hose removed and 4 screws that hold TB to the rest of engine)

-I sprayed(i used TB & air intake cleaner from MOC)all mecanism and cleaned up with a regular cloth.(i didnt put spray even close to electronic module).

-after clean the mecanism ,i opened the electronic module(6 metalic holder that i just pull out with a flat srewdriver)and cleaned with dry cloth also bend the slower brushes slightly so they make proper contact.

After put back the TB on the car ,,I erase my dtc codes and make an Throttle Body Adjustment using ross-tech specifications....:

Throttle Body Alignment (TBA) - Ross-Tech Wiki)

After 2 days the codes never come back and now my car it is a lot more smooth ( i think MPG is a little higher too),i will do this procedure every 60 k or 70 K miles because my TB was dirty (i been doing aire filter change on time and i use only shell premiun gas for the last 3 years or so)and after cleaned up my car move better.

Excuse any gramatical mistake, I'm learning English... hope this helps someone...

Last edited by uberwgn; 09-06-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Excellent english and what's even better you posted a heads-up on your problem and the fix.. thanks
Old 09-23-2010, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a repair shop that was getting this DTC, would clear, test drive for a day and the fault always returned. I had them clean the throttle body and do an adaption and they reported back that the fault has not returned since then. I added that to the Ross Tech Wiki:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...2/P0068/000104

Originally Posted by pacheco75

Old 09-24-2010, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pacheco75
I got in my car this error codes:

012410 - Air Intake System: Flow too Low
P307A - 009 - Open or Short to Ground

Could not find too much information related so i will explain how my codes were gone.

-I removed the throggle body from the car(air filter hose removed and 4 screws that hold TB to the rest of engine)

-I sprayed(i used TB & air intake cleaner from MOC)all mecanism and cleaned up with a regular cloth.(i didnt put spray even close to electronic module).

-after clean the mecanism ,i opened the electronic module(6 metalic holder that i just pull out with a flat srewdriver)and cleaned with dry cloth also bend the slower brushes slightly so they make proper contact.

After put back the TB on the car ,,I erase my dtc codes and make an Throttle Body Adjustment using ross-tech specifications....:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...Alignment_(TBA)

After 2 days the codes never come back and now my car it is a lot more smooth ( i think MPG is a little higher too),i will do this procedure every 60 k or 70 K miles because my TB was dirty (i been doing aire filter change on time and i use only shell premiun gas for the last 3 years or so)and after cleaned up my car move better.

Excuse any gramatical mistake i'm learning english... Hope this help some body..

I had a similiar code for MAF. It was intermittent though. So i did the exact same thing you did and now the codes are gone
Old 10-24-2010, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

had the same problem and the above steps fixed it thanks.

One important step is missing: take out the snow screen from the air intake and clean film of the dirt from it. I think this step alone can fix the problem in many cars with hight miles. I measured the airflow before and after the screen was cleaned. it improved by 20%.

Here are some pics for the throttle body steps.

1. you need to take off rear engine plastic cover and disconect vacuum hose from air intake pipe. It is connected via impossible Audi clips so I replaced it with the metal band with tightening screw from Autozone for the next time.

https://forums.audiworld.com/attachm...1&d=1287964033

disconnect other wires and fuel line so you can get the air pipe out. Mine has chafed flange. I think the air leak or polluted air created this MIL problem. Needless to say, I am very impressed with the quality of service of whoever jammed the pipe in first place. Probably audi technician when he replaced the air filter.

now unscrew for bolts as marked and take off the throttler.

the rest is very well explained in the original post.
Attached Images    

Last edited by beep-beep; 02-13-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 159 Likes on 114 Posts

I was thinking about doing this also. What drivability issues were you having besides the trouble code? Did you happen to have unstable rpm's at light throttle?

I am having an rpm oscillation at very light throttle and all of my tests so far seem to be pointing to the throttle body.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SchwarzS6
I was thinking about doing this also. What drivability issues were you having besides the trouble code? Did you happen to have unstable rpm's at light throttle?

I am having an rpm oscillation at very light throttle and all of my tests so far seem to be pointing to the throttle body.
I had the MIL light, two described codes. And these thing reappeared a day or so after I cleared them out. With the MIL on engine gave much less power.
I did not notice any other problems from your list. But I would recommend to do it because the procedure is pretty straightforward with good ROI.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, I'm a newbie here....have lurked a bit in the past. I have a 2006 A6 C6. I am just getting the P0068- code which is a MAP/MAF improper correlation.

Should I definitely take out the throttle body or is there any way to possibly clean it without taking it out. I don't have one, but am thinking of purchasing a VAG-COM. If I don't take it out, I won't have to recalibrate it, right? I was thinking of trying to clean it out and then clearing the codes with a friend's code reader and seeing if the P0068 light comes back. As it is, the check engine light is not always on.... Any thoughts? Also, if I have a few more beers, I may just order a VAG-COM tonight.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mmarcski
Hey all, I'm a newbie here....have lurked a bit in the past. I have a 2006 A6 C6. I am just getting the P0068- code which is a MAP/MAF improper correlation.

Should I definitely take out the throttle body or is there any way to possibly clean it without taking it out. I don't have one, but am thinking of purchasing a VAG-COM. If I don't take it out, I won't have to recalibrate it, right? I was thinking of trying to clean it out and then clearing the codes with a friend's code reader and seeing if the P0068 light comes back. As it is, the check engine light is not always on.... Any thoughts? Also, if I have a few more beers, I may just order a VAG-COM tonight.
Before taking it out you can just try to take off the big pipe and air filter and look if something was incorrectly installed and created a air leak. As you can see from my pictures the issue was in the jammed pipe.

If it does not work out, you can proceed with taking off the throttle body. But this is not a biggy as well. I think the worst part was disconnecting electric connectors.

I would warn you from doing it after beers though.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Vag com it is very important

mmarcski: taking out the throttle body help you to do a really good job if not you gonna push the dirty grime inside your intake... and buying the VAG-COM it is the best investment you can do if want to work in your car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: THROTTLE BODY ISSUE, CODE P0068, FIXED