A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Static when using Bluetooth phone module

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Static when using Bluetooth phone module

Over the past couple days, I have been having terrible static when making phone calls through the bluetooth module in my 2006 Avant. The phone still connects automatically (though not as consistently) and calls go through, they just sound horrible with very bad static.

Recently I cleaned the salt of my carpets that was caked on from the winter and in doing so, probably got a minimal amount of water around the bluetooth module in the floor on the driver's side. My rear washer fluid (avant) also has not been spraying well, so I have concerns there. Strange thing is that it technically works and there are no MMI failure issues, just poor sound quality.

Will try to do a VCDS scan when I get the chance, but just wanted to see if anyone has had similar issues with static in the past. I have also read some things about issues with the bluetooth "aerial" (I'm assuming this is an antenna of sorts) and not the module itself. Any idea if this might be contributing?
Old 04-30-2014, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Run an optical bus diagnostic and see if everythings is fine. For your rear washer, open the compartement in the trunk were the nav unit is. Check on the top of your amp if you have sign of liquid dripping on the amp or in the compartement. This winter I had the broken washing fluid pipe that fry my amp. But before my amp fry up, I have seen one or two dry drop of liquid over my amp. At that time I didn't know about this issue. Check too on the trim over the D pillar around the speaker if there any stain that match your windshield washing fluid color. If yes have a look at your hose to prevent expensive damage to thoses components.