A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Can
oh man do not go there, you will dig yourself even deeper. Now you want to say that german cars are great for high mileage haha you can buy another suzuki for maintenance bills for the same period of kms.

Do you want me to list maintenance that I had to do on my 250000km Audi? You really wanna go there? Really?
That’s funny 😂

I’ll go there every day of the week. Really!

Just a couple days ago you stated your C6 A6 is at 300,000KM. You said you want to sell your A6. I can fix anything on your car and I know people in Toronto looking and I offered to help you sell it but you did not reply. You pay people to work on your Audi. You keep complaining about the horrible build quality including Audi designing the front suspension wrong causing your endless suspension clucks. Drive past any of the homeless encampments in your area and ask them what they think about your Audi. You keep jumping in to support Kelisko at every turn and attack those that like the brand just like Kelisko does. Maybe you guys should start your own website called something like I Hate Audi.com and chirp away to your hearts content.
Old 02-05-2024, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 150 Likes on 134 Posts

^^ Funny, and true.

I've owned a bunch of different vehicles throughout my life (50 yrs old) Audi, just like any car will need maintenance and upkeep. I just find that they are better built cars overall compared to others I have owned (Ford, Dodge, Kai) Any car will be amazing when it's new. As stated above, come back here when it hits around 250,000kms

...and Kelisko, I would personally rather drive any Audi compared to a Suzuki... any day. I'm glad you're happy with it, looks pretty small, I doubt I'd even fit in it! lol
Old 02-06-2024, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 112 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiAllTheWay
That’s funny 😂

I’ll go there every day of the week. Really!

Just a couple days ago you stated your C6 A6 is at 300,000KM. You said you want to sell your A6. I can fix anything on your car and I know people in Toronto looking and I offered to help you sell it but you did not reply. You pay people to work on your Audi. You keep complaining about the horrible build quality including Audi designing the front suspension wrong causing your endless suspension clucks. Drive past any of the homeless encampments in your area and ask them what they think about your Audi. You keep jumping in to support Kelisko at every turn and attack those that like the brand just like Kelisko does. Maybe you guys should start your own website called something like I Hate Audi.com and chirp away to your hearts content.
I can give you a list till it got to 250, and then to 300.

I cant praise something just because I own it, or because "I LOVE THE BRAND" who gives a fxk about brand. If it works and fullfills your needs then its the best. That Suzuki is a BETTER AND MORE RELIABLE CAR, now and forever.

Like the **** I had to replace is just beyond reason. Passenger mirror just decided to get patches and look awfull. Audi wants 1300 cad for mirror only. So, G-Can, eat a can of worms and figure out how to replace that with something. Aftermarket doesnt exist.
og, window ligters failed
oh, window switches failed..
oh, door keyless sensors failed
oh, window latch failed
og, third brake light failed - TWICE!
oh, armrest failed
oh, e brake switch failed
oh, MMI failed
oh, bluetooth failed
oh, headlights wiring crumbled
oh, coils wiring failed
oh, exhaust hangers failed
oh, rear window acting up and down
oh, random battery drain then fixes itself for a while and starts again in few weeks or months
oh, every signle fxkn gasket on the car failed
oh, starter failed
oh, alternator failed
oh, fulel pumps failed
oh, power steering failed
oh, timing failed
oh, suspension not even gonna go there
oh, power steering rack failed
oh, wheel bearings failed
oh, power trunk failed
do you need me to continue?? This is quality?? I had cars with 350+km that were driven like they were stolen, and literally had 20% of these issues

this is by far the most gentle flimsiest built car ever

I am sure there are people that have less problems, but this forum and many others, simply prove you wrong with the amount of issues people are having with them.
My previous C5 was miles better built and had close to none of these issues, at least switches, lights, accesories worked as they should

So yeah, convince someone else of quality of these cars, not me.
The following users liked this post:
kelisko (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 333 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Can
I am sure there are people that have less problems, but this forum and many others, simply prove you wrong with the amount of issues people are having with them.
My previous C5 was miles better built and had close to none of these issues, at least switches, lights, accesories worked as they should.
I second this. The C5 has to be the best and more reliable A6 to date. The C6 is worse, the C7 is even worse, the C8 is, well, not better than the C7. Too many unneeded complications and too many issues. It seems as if they willingly created these issues to please their dealership network. I remember reading an article with statements from Audi and the VW group saying they are working hard on making their dealers make more money. I didn't quite understand those statements but now I do.

Below is a quick 5 minutes video about this generation of Suzuki Vitara from cars.co.za when it got introduced 8 years ago. I am waiting at least a year before doing my own review but this one of an older version is obviously not biased and may make you understand my extreme satisfaction with this car after owning Audis. Yes, it looks small, but it is extremely spacious. It is more comfortable than any Audi I have owned and it handles better than all of them because it's light. I'm not even going to mention fuel economy and a proven extreme reliability. After the success and notoriety of the Hayabusa, Suzuki should consider selling cars again in the USA. They are good, really good!

Old 02-06-2024, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 171 Likes on 150 Posts

For the best reliability, Japanese vehicles historically set the standard for the industry in almost all makes and models. With that being said, European vehicles (Merc, BMW, Audi, VW) historically have worst reliability plus higher maintenance costs. Of the VAG cars I have owned (listed in my signature), the most reliable overall was probably my 1995 C4 A6 FWD Avant with the 2.8L V6. The engine was NA with a timing belt-driven camshafts that is easily changed. Compare that design to the chain driven camshafts that require dismantling the top engine of the engine to replace a worn-out chain and tensioners in the 2.0L and 3.2L V6 engines. If the VAG dealers were promised more revenue to them, then Audi, AG has met their wishes. kelisko - Enjoy your Suzuki Vitara!
The following 3 users liked this post by A6Gary:
G-Can (02-06-2024), jonzie77 (02-07-2024), kelisko (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 333 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by A6Gary
If the VAG dealers were promised more revenue to them, then Audi, AG has met their wishes.
I really don't understand this. It baffles me. Just today, I was watching the Autoline channel on YouTube and guess what GM is promising to their dealers who worry about revenue selling electric vehicles. They will give them opportunity to make money on EVs. I assume they will willingly make these vehicles less dependable to allow dealers to service them more often. This is shocking! Screenshot and video at exact time below.

Meanwhile, Toyota is making a ton of money selling reliable ICE and hybrids with great resale value and is even certifying them for resale up to 125,000 miles and 10 years. Don't these other car manufacturers see that the Japanese are taking over the market because of their cars reliability and customer satisfaction? This is crazy!

Old 02-06-2024, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by A6Gary
For the best reliability, Japanese vehicles historically set the standard for the industry in almost all makes and models. With that being said, European vehicles (Merc, BMW, Audi, VW) historically have worst reliability plus higher maintenance costs. Of the VAG cars I have owned (listed in my signature), the most reliable overall was probably my 1995 C4 A6 FWD Avant with the 2.8L V6. The engine was NA with a timing belt-driven camshafts that is easily changed. Compare that design to the chain driven camshafts that require dismantling the top engine of the engine to replace a worn-out chain and tensioners in the 2.0L and 3.2L V6 engines. If the VAG dealers were promised more revenue to them, then Audi, AG has met their wishes. kelisko - Enjoy your Suzuki Vitara!
explain that to Mr Audialltheway. His bubble will burst sooner or later. I had that crush too. Now its divorce time.

Ive driven German cars my whole life, but it seems its gonna be time to switch it up. I honestly dont even care about spending money, but I started HATING having to visit a mechanic EVERY FXKN MONTH for something new.
Oh, and another thing to add to the list, my Audis are eting away rotors like they are made of sugar. Tops I managed to do is 30k before they warp and shake at braking. Like WT actual F
And best thing is, my new VW Atlas did the same thin, he made it to 35k, brand new car from facotry, rotors couldnt make it to 40K. That is a literal JOKE.

Now let me hear some smart axx explanation why is this happening. Btw, atlas is driven 98% of time by my wife, my Audis she doesnt touch. Yet, they both warp rotors like tin foil.
Old 02-06-2024, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

G-Can, I don't have a dog in this fight as I definitely see my Audi enjoyment as a tradeoff. If I totally prioritized a reliable and low maintenance cost ride, I'd probably stick to Toyotas.

But one thing caught my eye. Your list of repairs a few posts up as a whole gives me a gut reaction that you're having bad corrosion problems. Things from brake rotor wear to exhaust hangers to electrical gremlins can come from accelerated corrosion.

I wonder if there is something about your parking or regular driving environment that is corroding your cars more than what other posters experience. If so, it might give you trouble with other brands too eventually...
Old 02-06-2024, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by kelisko
I really don't understand this. It baffles me.
Pull your head out of your a$$… all the manufacturers are doing it.
Old 02-06-2024, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by carkarl
G-Can, I don't have a dog in this fight as I definitely see my Audi enjoyment as a tradeoff. If I totally prioritized a reliable and low maintenance cost ride, I'd probably stick to Toyotas.

But one thing caught my eye. Your list of repairs a few posts up as a whole gives me a gut reaction that you're having bad corrosion problems. Things from brake rotor wear to exhaust hangers to electrical gremlins can come from accelerated corrosion.

I wonder if there is something about your parking or regular driving environment that is corroding your cars more than what other posters experience. If so, it might give you trouble with other brands too eventually...
nope, no corrosion issues, simply garbage quality. I can make reference, lets say, with my fatherinlaws jeep liberty and F150 which dont have a reputation of a reliable car, and yet, it was still way more reliable and less maintenance demanding then my Audi. both well over 300k. his liberty had a starter die and a battery. all windows, doors, lights, trunk, mirrors, acceories, worked like day one. it was spitting oil on some gaskets, but he just didnt want to do it. Nover issues with timing, pumps failing, or anything of such

heck, my jetta, chevy, didnt have any of these issues. Im not the only one. Forums are full of exact same problems.You guys can just be bling to not see it, or are just lucky with your cars.

I allways say, there is a reason these cost on a used market as a good new TV. A civic of same age will sell for same or more money then any Audi, yet, audi cost 3 times when new.

Last edited by G-Can; 02-06-2024 at 12:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand