A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

RS6 Pedal Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS6 Pedal Swap

Anyone done the pedal swap on their c6 and have instructions? Want to do it as well as the dead plate....
Old 01-29-2011, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Leeladisky
Anyone done the pedal swap on their c6 and have instructions? Want to do it as well as the dead plate....
Brake and gas pedal are fairly easy to do - just pull off the old cover on the brake, and pop on the new one. Gas pedal has none - just pop on the new one. A little bit of WD40 will help if they are stubborn. If I remember correctly, I may have needed to use two small flat head screwdrivers with the WD40 to coax the new covers on.

The dead pedal, however, is another story. To do it properly, the interior trim around the driver's door and lower dash needs to be disassembled to get the old dead pedal out and the new one in. At first glance, it doesn't appear to need to be done, but after doing it, it becomes clear - the lower kick panel nests inside the lip of the dead pedal.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chuckee98
Brake and gas pedal are fairly easy to do - just pull off the old cover on the brake, and pop on the new one. Gas pedal has none - just pop on the new one. A little bit of WD40 will help if they are stubborn. If I remember correctly, I may have needed to use two small flat head screwdrivers with the WD40 to coax the new covers on.

The dead pedal, however, is another story. To do it properly, the interior trim around the driver's door and lower dash needs to be disassembled to get the old dead pedal out and the new one in. At first glance, it doesn't appear to need to be done, but after doing it, it becomes clear - the lower kick panel nests inside the lip of the dead pedal.
Thanks! Sounds like a lot of opportunity to break things.... How long did it take you?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Leeladisky
Thanks! Sounds like a lot of opportunity to break things.... How long did it take you?
The brake and gas pedal took about a half hour. I did those first, and saved the dead pedal for another day.

It took a couple of hours for the dead pedal, but that included the extra time to run wires for my V1 by the passenger visor, the remote display, and the fuse box.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

When I did mine, I used H2O + dishsoap on the pedals to make them slippery to go on - and boy they are a tight squeeze! (water and detergent is safer than WD40 because it actually evaporates in a day or so - and you don't want a slippery brake cover!)

As for the dead pedal, you don't actually need to remove the panel and hood release mechanism. First, though, make sure it is a warmish day (or put the car in the sun)to make the plastic panel more malleable. You can actually pull the bottom edge of the kick panel up and away from the side wall to slip the channel of the dead pedal under the panel edge. Then you can push it all back in place and fasten the dead pedal as normal.

It took me about 45 minutes total for all 3 - most time figuring out a way to not remove the panel!

Rob
Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Rob,
Could you provide the part number or web link for the pedals you used?
Thanks
John

Originally Posted by V10 Rob
When I did mine, I used H2O + dishsoap on the pedals to make them slippery to go on - and boy they are a tight squeeze! (water and detergent is safer than WD40 because it actually evaporates in a day or so - and you don't want a slippery brake cover!)

As for the dead pedal, you don't actually need to remove the panel and hood release mechanism. First, though, make sure it is a warmish day (or put the car in the sun)to make the plastic panel more malleable. You can actually pull the bottom edge of the kick panel up and away from the side wall to slip the channel of the dead pedal under the panel edge. Then you can push it all back in place and fasten the dead pedal as normal.

It took me about 45 minutes total for all 3 - most time figuring out a way to not remove the panel!

Rob
Old 02-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bought them from Europrice: (Sorry, don't have part numbers)

RS6 Aluminum Automatic Pedal Set
Aluminum pedal covers with rubber grips, w/ dead pedal - '05+ A6, S6 $305.55 each set
retail: $378.83 each set

link: http://www.europrice.us/

Cheers, Rob