A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Parking Brake Malfunction

Old 02-03-2009, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Parking Brake Malfunction

I have the same problem can someone send me the TSB instructions. I would appreciate it alot. Thanks in advance...
The following users liked this post:
Salcidomd (11-24-2020)
Old 02-03-2009, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: There is a TSB. Drop me a PM with your e-mail and I will send it to you.

Can you send me the info for the TSB I am having the same issue with the Parking Brake Malfunction and I dont know how to fix. Thanks in advance man I appreciate it.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all - I have a 2004 3.0 A6 and have had problems with the parking brake since I bought it. Everything else about the car is great but now the parking brake warning light comes on along with a red exclamation mark and the car will not move.

Could someone please point me to where I can get the TSB that deals with this issue? I have already had the dealer replace the parking brake control module ($1000AUD) and that temporarily stopped the problem. And Audi also cleared the error codes but the car is now stuck with one of the parking brake motors locked on.

Many thanks

Ebolaboy.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If someone can tell me the number of the TSB, I can look it up. thx
Old 08-10-2009, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I gave the TSB to my SA and they tried to upgrade the software for the EPB, but they kept getting an error. I think he said that they tried two times - finally gave up and have now ordered a new control module for this. Got this in at the nick of warranty period expiring. Car now has 498xx miles. I sure would have hated to spend $900 had this thing happened after warranty was over.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default re: TSB

hi, got into my car today and i think its just done the same thing.
anyone have te tsb they can send me for this problem?
thanks

just PM me
Old 08-31-2009, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

update on my car (2nd post in this thread). My father borrowed it and set the brake - it locked up again (I haven't used the parking brake since I bought it about 1 year ago). I brought it to the shop to repair - and found out it is the switch itself that is bad! $65 part, so not too bad (they had to order it and so I don't know the labor cost yet).
Old 08-31-2009, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by xjunesx
I have the same problem can someone send me the TSB instructions. I would appreciate it alot. Thanks in advance...
Take a look at post number 3.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default A6 Park Brake Update

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Take a look at post number 3.
Guys - bad news on the park brake problem. I have had this car back to Audi 3 times to finally get it resolved.

First time they replaced the park brake control module and told me the problem was fixed.

Within 24 hours the park brake had again locked the car up and immobilised it. The car could not be moved at all as the right rear park brake motor had failed while engaged. An Audi mechanic told me over the phone that I needed to unplug the cable connecting the motor to the electrical system, undo the two screws that held the motor in place and then turn the torque screw until the brake was no longer engaged and the car could be driven.

This sounded simple over the phone but harder in practice and I was not able to complete the work. Despite this, the work must have disengaged the brake because the car could at least be driven.

After Audi replaced the right rear park brake motor and told me it was fixed, the problem came back after 24 hours and the car was again immobilised. Turning the ignition on and off again resolved the problem temporarily and enabled me to drive the car back to Audi the next day.

On the third attempt to fix the problem, the Audi technician reported that the contacts on the plug connected to the park motor were dirty and wwere causing the problem. That was yesterday. I'll wait to see if it really is fixed.

The upshot is that I don't think that the TSB is going to help you!

Cheers
Old 09-02-2009, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where can we find the TSB's on the net for the C6..obviously Kevin has a source, maybe we can set up a place just for TSB files?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parking Brake Malfunction