A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Old Member Returning with New (to me) A6 3.0T

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Member Returning with New (to me) A6 3.0T

Hello all, I just picked up a low mileage 2009 Black/Black Premium Plus with Cold Weather and Nav.

My other current Audi is a 2005 Allroad that's been moderately modified.

My only other Audi was a 2003 Daytona Gray RS6 with GIAC Stage 3 and some Milltek and Sportec bits.

In any case, I'm pretty happy with the car so far. Coming from a handful of high powered sedans, the car could use a little kick. It also feels a little soft in the corners and a tad bit nose heavy. Cosmetically, in typical Audi fashion it is very clean and understated. I think only a few possible little things could make this car look better. Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

I have already purchased the APR pulley kit and Stage 2 ECU. Hopefully they will be installed by weeks end.
What exhaust options are out there? Are there any full set-ups off the shelf? I'm also contemplating getting a custom one built similar to the one on my Allroad.
Are any of the CAI's worth it? I know alone it's not noticeable, but what about in a full bolt-on application?
Although, I didn't see it on their website, I'm assuming that Hotchkis makes sways for this car.
Thinking about a Stoptech BBK. Anyone know if the stock A6 assembly would transfer to my Allroad?
I'm leaning toward some VMR wheels - either the 19" 701's or 713's. I'm also looking at BBS. Is anyone running a wider tire than 245?
The orange markers need to go. I saw that the A3 markers fit. I'm debating on clear, smoke or paint.
The car has limo tint in the back now. It's too dark for me. Probably going to do 35% all around.
Probably going to put a clear bra on the front. Any reason to do the whole car?
Trunk lid lip, S6 blades - yea or nay?
I also notice that my car does not have the "supercharged" fender badges. Did this only come with certain models?
Lastly, has anyone blacked out the chrome trim around the windows?

I know that this is a great community and I am looking forward to your responses.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking rides. Be safe and have fun!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

nice cars
Old 04-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

the 'supercharged' badge was introduced in 2010/11, if i'm not mistaken. and you sir, have every right to pick one up and slap it on that black beauty! there are plenty available on the bay and i think the stealerships sell them for $60+ per piece (you need two). lastly, i suggest the red badge over the carbon fiber one as it will definitely stand out on a black car.

congrats on the purchase.!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Are you handicapped?

Turborusty
Old 04-24-2012, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turborusty
Are you handicapped?
It was the only free spot in the lot.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Turborusty
Are you handicapped?

Turborusty
actually i am.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

here's a pic for rusty:
Old 04-24-2012, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

HAHA...I looked closer, it WAS the only free spot!

Mr Kram, I didn't mean to pry or get into your personal business........that's just one thing that bothers me to no end, as you may well understand, being handicapped and needing that spot to be available.

**EDIT** just saw the placard picture.....I wasn't requiring verification, just asking if your car belonged there or if you were parking like an ***. You just went above and beyond, my friend.....well played. Well played indeed!

Back on topic. You have a couple of fantastic looking cars there! I have a special soft spot for the RS6 though!

I can't help much with your technical questions, but I wanted to compliment you nonetheless.

Take care,
Turborusty

Last edited by Turborusty; 04-24-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Rusty,

Thanks and I'm just giving you $hit. I actually try not to use those spots if I can find another that is relatively close to where I'm going. Thankfully, I'm not in a wheelchair. It was just uber crowded at the mall that day.

Quick Reply: Old Member Returning with New (to me) A6 3.0T