A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie

Hey guys, just bought an A6 2006 3.2 . love the car and having fun with it. I am looking to do a few simple upgrades and any advice is greatly appreciated.

1. new tail lights - is it possible to replace the halogen lights with the full LED lights?

2. is it possible to install a cold air intake? and will this have a negative or positive effect on my fuel consumption?

3. from what I have gathered it seems pretty simple to install the Nav wires and antenna, is this correct?

4. I want to replace the spark plugs, any advice on which are the best ones to install?

5. Is it possible to remove the 6cd disk changer and replace it with an AUX cord, in order to play music directly off my phone?

Any comments or answers is greatly appreciated!
Old 05-07-2014, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewoproiu
Hey guys, just bought an A6 2006 3.2 . love the car and having fun with it. I am looking to do a few simple upgrades and any advice is greatly appreciated.

1. new tail lights - is it possible to replace the halogen lights with the full LED lights?

2. is it possible to install a cold air intake? and will this have a negative or positive effect on my fuel consumption?

3. from what I have gathered it seems pretty simple to install the Nav wires and antenna, is this correct?

4. I want to replace the spark plugs, any advice on which are the best ones to install?

5. Is it possible to remove the 6cd disk changer and replace it with an AUX cord, in order to play music directly off my phone?

Any comments or answers is greatly appreciated!
Hey Andrew,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase.

Now for some advice <b>ALL</b> your questions have been ASKED and ANSWERED a number of times on this forum. All you need to do is <b>use the SEARCH function</b> provided in the C6 forum.

I'll help with some of the questions:

Cold Air intake - really IMHO a complete waste of time, just get a new air filter and you'll be better off. Here's some empirical evidence:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gCi2yo4UqPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spark plugs - take a look at the sticky at the top of the forum. People go with Bosch, NGK...you have options

phone play through your sound system - LOTS of info here, your 2 primary options are AMI or Dension 500. Do a search and you'll find TONS of info.

retrofitting a nav to your car...again LOTs of info: https://forums.audiworld.com/search....archid=6868599

Like I said, use the Search and once you can't find something...feel free to post and I'm sure someone here will be able to assist.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default thank you

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer, and I will do as you advised.

and just to clarify, for the IMFO, the main reason I wanted to install it was for a deeper sound from the engine, more so then fuel economy.. however to confirm with your answer, this will NOT be the result?

Originally Posted by raj99
Hey Andrew,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase.

Now for some advice <b>ALL</b> your questions have been ASKED and ANSWERED a number of times on this forum. All you need to do is <b>use the SEARCH function</b> provided in the C6 forum.

I'll help with some of the questions:

Cold Air intake - really IMHO a complete waste of time, just get a new air filter and you'll be better off. Here's some empirical evidence:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gCi2yo4UqPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spark plugs - take a look at the sticky at the top of the forum. People go with Bosch, NGK...you have options

phone play through your sound system - LOTS of info here, your 2 primary options are AMI or Dension 500. Do a search and you'll find TONS of info.

retrofitting a nav to your car...again LOTs of info: https://forums.audiworld.com/search....archid=6868599

Like I said, use the Search and once you can't find something...feel free to post and I'm sure someone here will be able to assist.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

and just to clarify, for the IMFO, the main reason I wanted to install it was for a deeper sound from the engine, more so then fuel economy.. however to confirm with your answer, this will NOT be the result?
Old 05-08-2014, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Audi ownership. As Raj said, all of your questions can be answered easily with the search feature. But, first of all, I would buy yourself a Ross Tech cable in order to communicate with your car, it will pay for itself in no time!
As for the CAI, I know they sound great but I wouldn't mess with one on an Audi. I used to run those on the older VW VR6s and they sounded great. But, this is no VW.
As for the spark plugs, my advise is to see what you have in there now and, if they're original, replace with same. You probably have NGK (PFR7WTG)...that's what was in my 3.2. They build engines around spark plugs, I wouldn't change it.
What do you wind up paying for it? I have an 06 3.2 (loaded, tech package, etc) also, looking to possibly sell to get another A8, so wondering what they're going for.
Good luck and put up some pics.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

thanks for the help, I appreciate the answers and I will def post pics of before and after. I am planning on getting new rims as well and going to de-bage her too. As for tail lights any suggestions, I have seen a few c6 on the road with really cool full LED lights..what are your guys thoughts on the best ones to put on?
Old 05-08-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Guru

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

the main reason I wanted to install it was for a deeper sound from the engine, more so then fuel economy.. however to confirm with your answer, this will NOT be the result?
In my world, the cold air ducting and efficiency of the stock system trumps cool noises.
Cold air intakes typically ingest warmer air than the stock system. I'll take the power, thanks.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

most people go with the cold air intake in the assumption that the car will get more bhp...however this is rarely the case. If all you are looking for is a better sound, do what I did with my car...here' the link to my build: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2844343
Old 05-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Banned

Newbie,
Congrats on your new Audi sounds like you are looking for a few new items and updates. Might check out our website for OEM parts and accessories at great pricing! We can definitely help you out with your needs and questions.
Again welcome to the Audi family, let us know how we can help!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

You guys are awesome! I am really happy to be apart of Audi family! thanks for your support guys