A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

New solution for A6 headlights retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyVegasTT
Those are some pretty eyes your girl has!
You can add those bright mascara to your babe's eyes too
Old 01-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I'm curious how "Audi LED System" accomplished this plug-and-play -- because all A6 xenon headlight assemblies have a 14 pin connector; only the halogen headlights use a 10 pin. The extra pins are to account for the xenon shutter solenoid and the signals for the (optional) active cornering lights. Kufatec sells an adapter that lets you go from 10 pins to 14 pins to upgrade to xenon, for example.

Was there some sort of adapter between your 10-pin harness on the car side and the 14-pin connector on the headlight side? Or did this company swap out the connector on the headlight perhaps, and stuffed some extra connections inside? As I said, I'm curious...

Also, did you have to reprogram your central electronics module for xenons? Otherwise, it should throw a fault code for a short in the low-beams, unless perhaps the seller's mods include some kind of circuit to fool the auto-check system.

Originally Posted by Superdupre
It should be direct plug and play by simply conecting your existing 10-pin headlight connector to the replacement Bi-xenon headlights specially prepared by the seller. As I stated in my previous post, there is no error code for my installation.

However, for my RS6 conversion, I need to add an additional power cable from the headlight connector to the fuse box at the plenum chamber in order to power up the DRL LED when the ignition switch is on.

My advice is for you to clarify all installation issues with the seller directly before you make your purchase.

Hope the above helps.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am neither technically inclined nor interested to understand how it actually works.

I rather leave it to the seller to work things out for me....that is the reason why I install their headlights - plug and play!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jetshine
So I'm curious how "Audi LED System" accomplished this plug-and-play -- because all A6 xenon headlight assemblies have a 14 pin connector; only the halogen headlights use a 10 pin. The extra pins are to account for the xenon shutter solenoid and the signals for the (optional) active cornering lights. Kufatec sells an adapter that lets you go from 10 pins to 14 pins to

Was there some sort of adapter between your 10-pin harness on the car side and the 14-pin connector on the headlight side? Or did this company swap out the connector on the headlight perhaps, and stuffed some extra connections inside? As I said, I'm curious...

Also, did you have to reprogram your central electronics module for xenons? Otherwise, it should throw a fault code for a short in the low-beams, unless perhaps the seller's mods include some kind of circuit to fool the auto-check system.
It's a 10 pin connector at the replacement head. No programming required and no fault code at any light switch position. Manual leveling is working as per normal.

There must be some preparation works done by the seller to make things work.

Check with the seller if you have more doubts.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bariukas
I should get my set first week of january. ill try to install them right away. Ill let you know how it goes.
Any progress on your installation?
Old 01-12-2011, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

anyone selling their regular xenon lamps after doing this mod? I'd be willing to talk about buying them.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Up, there's still 2 kits that needs to be sold with this GB
Old 01-21-2011, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have step by step procedure how to remove old headlights? Do i need to take the numper off? Thank You.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bariukas
Anyone have step by step procedure how to remove old headlights? Do i need to take the numper off? Thank You.
Yes, you need to remove the bumper partially in order to access 3 bolts holding each headlight.

You can refer to http://www.audi-forums.com/c6-forum/...step-step.html on step-by-step instructions (with pictures) to remove the A6 bumper.

If you have further installation issues, I suggest that you contact the seller directly to obtain his detailed installation instructions; their customer service is simply great and prompt!

As what Krustyx said, if any member is interested, you may wish to participate in this GB as the seller has a few pairs of rare RS6 headlights in stock for shipment!

I am happy with my new headlights as they are still looking great and working perfectly well. I am also equally amazed that the bi-xenon bulbs are pre-levelled/aimed nicely by default when shipped by the seller and are adjustable by the manual levelling **** to higher positions.

Hope the above helps!

Last edited by Superdupre; 01-21-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone else get thier lights installed?

Anyone willing to sell their old HID housings?

Quick Reply: New solution for A6 headlights retrofit