A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

New A6 Owner Intro

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New A6 Owner Intro

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself over here. My name is Brent and i live in Oklahoma with my wife and two kids. I've been in one of two B5s for almost 8 years until I recently picked up a 2007 A6. Although I thuroughly enjoyed its size and handling for 5+ years, it was time to get something bigger since my boys are hitting their teenage years. So, I set out to sell the my Pelican Blue Avant. After a few weeks, a buyer from Minneapolis had committed to buy it, but was having a hard time finding reasonable flights into Tulsa. Everything he could find got him into Tulsa in the evening and then he was facing a 10 hour drive back. I told him I had been looking online at an A6 in Kansas City and suggested he fly into KC rather than Tulsa. He was good with that, so I had to solidify the transaction on the other side. All of this made me a little nervous since I was having to depend on two people to make this all happen. I could potentially drive to KC and come back with one car, two cars or no cars.

So, my oldest son and I headed out for KC. Luckily, everything went well and all parties were pleased and we headed back to Tulsa in the new ride. My fisrt impressions of this car are pretty good. Despite its size, it doesn't feel like a big car. And I love the 4.2L V8. Here's a bit about the car itself:

* 2007 Oyster Grey Metallic/Black A6 4.2L
* Convenience Package
* Technology Package
* Premium Package
* Adaptive Air Suspension
* Solar sunroof to circulate fresh air in car while parked
* Sport seats

Only options I wish it had was the S-line front bumper and rear heated seats. For now, the car is bone stock other than some work i did on the level control using my vagcom. I dropped it about 3/4" all the way around so for, might go lower at some point. Looking at wheels and maybe some other small stuff.

Here are some pictures I've taken so far

Name:  null_zps068a637f.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  109.3 KB

Name:  null_zpsb31c0e8a.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  113.8 KB

Messing around with a gif of the before and after the drop.

Name:  VCDS-Lowering_zps0f85d5ef.gif
Views: 191
Size:  444.0 KB

Oh, I also fitted some headrest monitors I had laying around for my wife's old FX35 we leased. I was surprised they fit and matched as well as they did. Now, I just have to hook up the control unit somewhere in the center console.

Name:  null_zps1383cbee.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  48.7 KB
Old 06-02-2013, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

great car mate!

Just like mine same color, options, and engine...lol

QQ, I've been considering headrest monitors, but then I think 'nahhhh'. Since, I've got Nook HDs and can actually stream direct to them - FWIW, I've got my Win8 Nokia phone acting as a 4G hub in the car and the Nook simply uses it to stream whatever movie/TV we want. But I do like the 'look' of the headrest monitors. How much 'work' were they?
Old 06-02-2013, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome.. nice look a6 hope u enjoy your 4.2 as much as i did mine..

we on the forum love pics so looks like u will be well liked

like the GIF work... it would be funny if the laptop was on the car when lowered and not on the car when stock... it would look like the laptop is weighing it down.. IDK i guess im easily humored
Old 06-03-2013, 02:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Welcome to the 4.2 club.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by raj99
great car mate!

Just like mine same color, options, and engine...lol

QQ, I've been considering headrest monitors, but then I think 'nahhhh'. Since, I've got Nook HDs and can actually stream direct to them - FWIW, I've got my Win8 Nokia phone acting as a 4G hub in the car and the Nook simply uses it to stream whatever movie/TV we want. But I do like the 'look' of the headrest monitors. How much 'work' were they?
Thanks

I do use my iPhone as hotspot for our iPad, but it doesn't work too well when we are say, in the middle of Kansas and no one can get a signal. I slapped these in since they were sitting in a box in my garage just to see how they looked.

So far, I've only got about 15 minutes into them. No wiring has been completed yet.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The AAS option was fairly rare in NA so you found a plum..the previous owner/buyer apparently knew it's attributes. I manually kick in the Dynamic mode when traveling above 65 mph the rest of the time it's in full auto mode.

Keep it bone stock, Audi engineers would appreciate it

What's the mileage?
Old 06-03-2013, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mystrodo
The AAS option was fairly rare in NA so you found a plum..the previous owner/buyer apparently knew it's attributes. I manually kick in the Dynamic mode when traveling above 65 mph the rest of the time it's in full auto mode.

Keep it bone stock, Audi engineers would appreciate it

What's the mileage?
Yeah, I had to jump on it since it had the air suspension and the 4.2L. Sport seats were a bonus when I looked at it in person for the first time.

Since I lowered it, I've been driving mostly in Comfort mode since that height is about what the original Dynamic mode was.

I won't be keeping it bone stock...just a little OEM+. That's how I like them.

It's got 70k miles on it.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jbrentd

It's got 70k miles on it.
2 things to consider..getting the Trannie flushed and fresh new fluid..it'll love ya for it
(see Turkeybaster's posts regarding this)

Ultra overlooked service--- a new fuel filter! (easy) I'd bet it hasn't ever been changed.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mystrodo
2 things to consider..getting the Trannie flushed and fresh new fluid..it'll love ya for it
(see Turkeybaster's posts regarding this)

Ultra overlooked service--- a new fuel filter! (easy) I'd bet it hasn't ever been changed.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll put those on my to-do list.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Got a few things done today. Head rest monitors are hooked up.

Name:  null_zpscd81fa11.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  56.8 KB

De-badged the trunk and threw on a rear lip.

Name:  null_zpsae3dac52.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  99.2 KB

Quick Reply: New A6 Owner Intro