A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Nav Issue and CPO Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav Issue and CPO Warranty

I purchased an 05 A6 4.2 in January of 07. CPO. I have a nav issue now and my dealer says I need a new module. The nav system says "check disc." I did, and the disc looks like it has a milky spot on it, but the dealer says he tried a new disc and the system does not work. It needs a module. $1,200 for the part plus a few hundred for installation. He says it is not covered by my CPO warranty.

Does anyone know how to get a copy of a CPO warranty. I can't find one in my paperwork. I thought the warranty that came with my car (I got it from an Audi Dealer) covered just about everything except normal wear and tear items (at least that's what was told to me) but I don't have any paperwork.

My car was perfect for about 18 months until the whole MMI system died last summer. I've had continual problems since last summer. Several MMI repairs (about three months to fix). A separate phone module repair that, I was told, was independent of the MMI module issue, even though the phone was fine when the whole MMI went out. Blue tooth has never been right since the fix. Parking brake went loco and needed some new electronic part a few weeks after the second MMI fix. Steering wheel audio controls dead when I got it back from the MMI repair. Dealer says I need a new module module for the steering wheel audio controls.

I suspect that the original fix was not done correctly and that has caused a lot of my subsequent issues. Does that sound possible? Dealer says the steering wheel controls are covered, but not the nav. Something about working on the controls before, but not working on the nav. I never had any problem with the controls except when the whole MMI died, and when the whole MMI died, the nav died with it, so he's either worked on both before, or worked on neither, depending on your interpretation.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get the car scanned via vag-com first. Ask in your regional forum, or spend the $300 and by your own cable.

That NAV quote sounds very high, I would get a second opinion.

Also, call AoA and ask about the CPO coverage. They should know.