A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Location of the intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location of the intake manifold?

I have a question about the location of the intake manifold and the fuel injector. If a mechanic want to replace the fuel injector, will he inevitably get in contact with the intake manifold? or it is necessary to remove the intake manifold first before he can access to the fuel injector?

Thanks. Helpful answers will be greatly appreciated.

Charles
Old 11-18-2015, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

ps: the car is a 2006 Audi A6 Quattro, 3.2L V6.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

The fuel injector are under the intake manifold. The mecanic have to remove the intake manifold to acces the injectors.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by life4sk8
The fuel injector are under the intake manifold. The mecanic have to remove the intake manifold to acces the injectors.
Thank you life4sk8. Are you sure about it? The situation is recently I just get the fuel injector of cylinder 4, valve cover gasket at both side, and 6 spark plugs of my A6 replaced at a repair shop. Before the replacement, the only error code was p0304 (cylinder 4 misfire) which was caused by the fuel injector. I also replaced the gasket and spark plug because my car reached the mileage of 100K and one of my friend recmmended me to do so. After the mechanic at the shop replaced the parts I listed above and told me they have fixed the problem, I drove the car slowly for about 300 feet to check the car. The error code p0304 was gone and no other problem shown up. So I paid for their job. Then, I drove the car back home. However, a warning sound showed up after slowly driving it for only about 300 feet. Then I went back to the repair shop and talk to the mechanic. After diagnosis, they said the error code is p2007, indicating I also need to get the intake manifold bank 2 replaced. I am suspecting if this error was caused by the mechanic. I talk to the shop owner, he said the intake manifold is far away from the fuel injector, and to replace the fuel injector they do not need to get in contact with the intake manifold at all. So, any further comments on this? Appreciate your reply.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:32 PM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by alisonest
Thank you life4sk8. Are you sure about it? The situation is recently I just get the fuel injector of cylinder 4, valve cover gasket at both side, and 6 spark plugs of my A6 replaced at a repair shop. Before the replacement, the only error code was p0304 (cylinder 4 misfire) which was caused by the fuel injector. I also replaced the gasket and spark plug because my car reached the mileage of 100K and one of my friend recmmended me to do so. After the mechanic at the shop replaced the parts I listed above and told me they have fixed the problem, I drove the car slowly for about 300 feet to check the car. The error code p0304 was gone and no other problem shown up. So I paid for their job. Then, I drove the car back home. However, a warning sound showed up after slowly driving it for only about 300 feet. Then I went back to the repair shop and talk to the mechanic. After diagnosis, they said the error code is p2007, indicating I also need to get the intake manifold bank 2 replaced. I am suspecting if this error was caused by the mechanic. I talk to the shop owner, he said the intake manifold is far away from the fuel injector, and to replace the fuel injector they do not need to get in contact with the intake manifold at all. So, any further comments on this? Appreciate your reply.
One of two things is wrong.
They either didn't recommend the vacuum line to the flapper servo or they reinstalled the lower intake manifold incorrectly. My money is on the incorrect install of the lower intake.
Either way, they definitely did it.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you for your reply 4Driver4. So you also think the p2007 error is very likely caused by the mechanic? For either of the two things you mentioned, has any damage been caused to my car? If I just go to the shop and request them to recommend the vacuum line to the flapper servo or reinstall the lower intake manifold correctly, do you think the problem will be solved? Or the part has already been damaged and I have to replace it.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Tech Guru

Thank you for your reply 4Driver4. So you also think the p2007 error is very likely caused by the mechanic? For either of the two things you mentioned, has any damage been caused to my car? If I just go to the shop and request them to recommend the vacuum line to the flapper servo or reinstall the lower intake manifold correctly, do you think the problem will be solved? Or the part has already been damaged and I have to replace it.
Nothing is damaged...although I'd think twice about going back to the same shop. Not only did they screw up the job, but they are lying to you. Not the kind of people I'd want touching my car.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi 4Driver4, Thank you. 1 further question. If I keep driving the car with the p2007 error unfixed, any damage will be caused to the car? And is that safe?
Old 11-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Guru

Hi 4Driver4, Thank you. 1 further question. If I keep driving the car with the p2007 error unfixed, any damage will be caused to the car? And is that safe?
For a short time, no problem. One side of the engine will "breathe" better than the other. Get it fixed soon.