A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

LED Interior Kit... (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Does anybody know if the C6's dome and map lights are all wedge type bulbs?
Old 12-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an FYI, if you’re planning to change your interior lights to LED bulb the trunk light must be error free LED bulb. It seems (it only my opinion based on wire diagram) the car wiring for the trunk (that including trunk light with license plate light) get checked by the car computer for errors. I was going crazy using standard LED bulb and the system would kill the power to the trunk. Just receive a set of error free led bulb from http://store.ijdmtoy.com/ and everything is working now. I’m just trying to save someone else the headache.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
Does anybody know if the C6's dome and map lights are all wedge type bulbs?
Both have different style.

For dome light bulb style see link below:
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/OBC-6418-C6..._d36_sku30.htm

map lights style see link below:
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/BA9-SMD-LED..._ba9_sku25.htm

both links are for reference only, I'm not pushing website. Also you could use the link below for reference in the future.
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...de/default.htm
Old 12-10-2010, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

john_S6, according to that sylvania website, both the dome and map light use 64111 bulb, so I need 6 of those LED 64111 altogether? I dont really like that sylvania website too much, I find that they are not right all the time.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just received this kit and installed the dome, map, and visor bulbs. The dome and map lights are exactly as JohnS6 described.

I tried to install the license plate lights but couldn't get those working.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
john_S6, according to that sylvania website, both the dome and map light use 64111 bulb, so I need 6 of those LED 64111 altogether? I dont really like that sylvania website too much, I find that they are not right all the time.
Nope, see the weblinks I provided for reference. You need 4 LED Bulbs (two for the dome and two for sun visor) and another 4 LED Bulbs (two for the maps lights and two for back seat lighting). Then you need 6 wedge LED bulbs (one for each door, one for glove box and one for the trunk), trunk bulb must be error free bulb.

Last edited by john_S6; 12-10-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed that the dome lights are not the same length as the visor lights... they are longer. The visor light and the license plate light are the same size but the license plate light requires a resistor otherwise it will throw a code.

I have an 08. I don't know if they changed during mid cycle. But the sylvania site is wrong.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by blulytes
I noticed that the dome lights are not the same length as the visor lights... they are longer. The visor light and the license plate light are the same size but the license plate light requires a resistor otherwise it will throw a code.

I have an 08. I don't know if they changed during mid cycle. But the sylvania site is wrong.
That is correct, about the different length. I forgot about the small oversight.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is the list of bulbs you need for a C6 Avant. I also listed the amount of bulbs and the which socket you need.

Note that I've got an Avant, in a sedan the trunk lights are a bit different (only in amounts, the socket is the same)

I used led lights of the brand; Pilot. You can find them at this website with pictures to see which bulb corresponds with the table.

Code:
Light source                        #Amount   Type
Door red/white lights:                8x      Pilot – T10 – 5 SMD
Glove box:                            1x      Pilot – T10 – 5 SMD
Tailgate door:                        2x      Pilot – T10 – 5 SMD
Trunk doomlight:                      2x      Pilot – C5W – 37mm – 2 SMD
Map lights:                           4x      Pilot – bajonet 9mm – 5 SMD
Main doom unit:                       2x      Pilot – C5W – 42mm – 2 SMD
That should be it, if you want to do the make-up/sunvisor lights then you should use 2x the "Pilot – C5W – 37mm – 2 SMD". These are festoonbulbs with the size of 37mm.

Canbus led
The only led you need with resistors to bypass the Canbus light checking system is for the licence plate lights. You also need 2x of the "Pilot – C5W – 37mm – 2 SMD - CAN BUS"

I think thats it... I'm finished with my conversion, hope this helps you guys also with your conversion!
Old 12-13-2010, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks SkyBuMp, john_S6 for the info.

Quick Reply: LED Interior Kit... (Video)