A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Just a few Quick Questions about the 3.2

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 04:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by audifsi3.2

3.2 has timing chain problems link?
Search my friend! Search! https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2859144

I guess i should of said timing chain tensioner problems... As the timing chains rarely have problems but the tensioners break and can cause the chain to skip a tooth and bend all of your valves... I have heard that the auxiliary timing chain does get quite beat up on the 4.2's since it drives all of the accessories, but i have yet to hear of one breaking or such.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 887 Likes on 726 Posts

The 3.2 does have the problem as well.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=KevinGary;24580002]The 3.2 does have the problem as well.[/QUOTEDo these errors cause the engine design. Aluminium, ? Would any error codes come when checking the reading scan. Pre diagnose The sound is easy to hear when the noise sounds like diesel" but are coming acute?? When these tend 2 most common .fault came about 100k? Can the carbon buid up be minor problem when there is better gasoline2012-2014 How many hours will the Audi mec use to clean the carbon buildup" is only work/ Job,
When i get the car for 2 month ago i get check engine light, and the rpm runs very high, but not speed. And big vibration when stay in neutral. New sparks, new filter, and long life service 80k i take, No fault was find. And at the moments car ok. I also was to the transmission ZF dealer, and they say it must be some of the 6 coils /. Packs. But They told the symptoms i descricbe was near the converter trans problem( but many with tiptronic, ZF) think it is the transmission so is problem, but not that. (Sorry again for my bad English)
Old 06-23-2014, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you looking for a daily driver with more than enough power go for the 3.2 c6......
I'd never take the 4.2 route cause it's pointless a 3.0t will still outperform me with a lot less weight on the car and a supercharged engine that's better on gas than the 4.2
I'm on my second 3.2 c6 06&08
Old 06-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chrisone
if you looking for a daily driver with more than enough power go for the 3.2 c6......
I'd never take the 4.2 route cause it's pointless a 3.0t will still outperform me with a lot less weight on the car and a supercharged engine that's better on gas than the 4.2
I'm on my second 3.2 c6 06&08
The 3.0t is also on cars that cost upwards of 10k+ to buy over a 4.2.. And its not faster than a 4.2 unless you tune it.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

As a 3.2 owner, I can say that the engine seems to be pretty bomb proof. I've only owned the car for about 16k (105k to 121k) but after getting the chains replaced last year, the car has been kicking ever since with no issues apart from the common brake light assemblies (which I luckily got fixed) and the ABS module needing to be rebuilt.
Other than standard maintenance the car has yet to spend any time in the shop.
The car also isn't as slow as some people might make it sound. Yes it's not as fast as a 4.2 but then again it's not that slow. You can definitely have some in it with the right roads.
Gas mileage is also fantastic. On the highway I average 25mpg+ depending on how I drive. If I put it on cruise for the whole trip I can usually average 28-30mpg cruising at 75-80mph.
By the way, I am looking to sell my A6 if anyone is interested.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 64 Likes on 63 Posts

Well all this stuff is not unlike the C5 Forum as many of you may know. Sounds like the 3.2 is the equivalant of my 2.8 in the bomb proof dept. Its like most things, about staying on top of the maintenance.

If i buy it i will chime back in

Thanks Guys.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

[QUOTE=KevinGary;24579490]
I am getting ready to end my 9 years with my beloved 05 A6 4.2.

-----------------------------------

Don't sell it..it'll be the best $7k car you'll ever own! Yes, you spent good $ to keep it in *audi shape but consider you likely had your known dealer/shop do all the serious work so it's now in top shape, ready for the next 200k...Keep it!

and most importantly... it's your credentials to this forum
Old 06-28-2014, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 887 Likes on 726 Posts

[QUOTE=mystrodo;24581834]
Originally Posted by KevinGary
I am getting ready to end my 9 years with my beloved 05 A6 4.2.

-----------------------------------

Don't sell it..it'll be the best $7k car you'll ever own! Yes, you spent good $ to keep it in *audi shape but consider you likely had your known dealer/shop do all the serious work so it's now in top shape, ready for the next 200k...Keep it!

and most importantly... it's your credentials to this forum
I agree that the old girl is probably one of the best $7k cars out there. After all it has had $20k put into it in the last 4 months. However, it is time for me to move onto a 2015 A6 TDI. I am doing the same thing I did with the 05. I am factory ordering it so that I get it just the way I want it. I am paying cash so I can keep it as long or as short as I want with no hassle. I am going to miss the old girl. Hopefully it will go to someone on the forum.

Last edited by KevinGary; 06-28-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

[QUOTE=KevinGary;24581957]
Originally Posted by mystrodo

I agree that the old girl is probably one of the best $7k cars out there. After all it has had $20k put into it in the last 4 months. However, it is time for me to move onto a 2015 A6 TDI. I am doing the same thing I did with the 05. I am factory ordering it so that I get it just the way I want it. I am paying cash so I can keep it as long or as short as I want with no hassle. I am going to miss the old girl. Hopefully it will go to someone on the forum.

Anyone looking for a c6 a6-q with all the freshened equip plus being fully loaded but even more importantly-- from an owner who really appreciated his car and documented it!
A used Audi buyer will be hard pressed to find another of it's equal, it's well worth the plane ticket to your house for those keys.

Be sure and post her in the Classifieds here naturally, Audiforums.com and VWvortex. I'm betting someone here will be the lucky owner.

Quick Reply: Just a few Quick Questions about the 3.2