A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

I am keeping my aftermarket wheels, so anyone want the stockers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure what's all this negativity about spacers... They are fine, serve their purpose and work exceptionally well when combined with the right bolts.

Originally Posted by wizo2g1
HEy,

They are stock s6 wheels not s4, I sold that car many moons ago.

The stores around here are telling me that shaving the offset and or milling the wheels are safer than using spacers. I would not really consider that to be the truth but after hearing that from many people I thought that I was wrong...
Old 05-28-2009, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cast wheels are often offered in multiple offsets from the same casting. The only difference being that they are shaved at the manufacturer vs your local machine shop. Given that, it is still not something I'd do unless the machine shop was top notch, and I knew that the wheels were designed to be machined to a range of offsets.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

PM sent
Old 05-28-2009, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hey,

I posted before and recanted. I did not like my aftermarket wheels too much but found a shop that can change the offset slightly to fix the issue. So I have decided to keep the vossen wheels and sell my stock wheels before I change my mind again.

Wizo
What didn't you like about the ride..?
rubbing?

what is your set up like>?
are you dropped?

I have a 20x9 wheel with a 35 offset...
and using 255/30/20 tires...

I'm hoping I will not run into any issues!
Old 05-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The stores around here are telling me that shaving the offset and or milling the wheels are safer than using spacers.
Milling/shaving and spacers are things that would give exactly opposite effects. Spacers will push the wheels out, milling will pull them in. Wheels are not made to be milled down after the bolt holes have been drilled, at most there is maybe 3mm of material you can take off before it becomes completely unsafe.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am not dropped nor do I have 255 tires..I have 275 right now with a 32et. They look good but if I drop the car I will need a 245 tire or shave the offset to make the fronts about 38-40et.

So I dont think you will have a problem but they will be an aggressive fit. Some people like the way mine look and dont see any problem. I prefer just to have a neg. camber look and tuck them into the fenders. Just my preference. That is why I will stil sell my aftermarket wheels to someone who likes that type of aggressive look.

The shop here in town was refered by multiple tire/rim shops. They are supposed to be perfect and state that they can take depending on the wheel up to 10 millimeters off...
Old 05-29-2009, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

thnx 4 the reply..
Old 05-29-2009, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

How did you end up with the new set of wheels that do not fit your ride anyway?
Old 05-29-2009, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thats the thing, they fit but not the way I like them too. I like the serious tuck and lowered look. I guess most people with this vehicle seem to have the wheel right flush to the fender and or "poke"...
I ordered them from vossen wheels who have done the same fitment with no issues before with other a6/s6 owners. So mine seems to be more personal preference... That is why I thought others would want to buy them.

I dont hate them, but when I slam the car and make it look the way I feel it should it will in my opinion--it wont..I gues different strokes different folks...
Old 05-30-2009, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Are the wheels still on your car? Can you send me pictures with them on your car? How much were they new? Any dings, curb marks? How will you ship them?

Quick Reply: I am keeping my aftermarket wheels, so anyone want the stockers?