A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

HU: A6 C6 sunroof opens automatically?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HU: A6 C6 sunroof opens automatically?

Hello All,
I realized sometimes that the sunroof opens randomly automatically. I am afraid of rain or snow can fall into the car. I have no possibility to take the car an expert due to I am on county and noone knows it. Do you know some code which can disable the function of the sunroof in vcds? Winter is coming and I would not want to take risk and disable the sunroof.

Thank you.
Istvan
Old 10-17-2020, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Istvan
Hello All,
I realized sometimes that the sunroof opens randomly automatically. I am afraid of rain or snow can fall into the car. I have no possibility to take the car an expert due to I am on county and noone knows it. Do you know some code which can disable the function of the sunroof in vcds? Winter is coming and I would not want to take risk and disable the sunroof.

Thank you.
Istvan
pull the fuse?
The following users liked this post:
kelisko (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by hrc4u
pull the fuse?
I tought that it does not have. I assumed that the sunroof controlled by confort electronic. I found the fuse box table, tomorrow I will check it in the car. Thank you for your answer. It is simple, I do not understand why it did not came to my mind
Old 10-20-2020, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Istvan
I tought that it does not have. I assumed that the sunroof controlled by confort electronic. I found the fuse box table, tomorrow I will check it in the car. Thank you for your answer. It is simple, I do not understand why it did not came to my mind
I believe the automatic opening of the sunroof is done on purpose. when car falls into a river, the system opens sunroof for people to scale. after huracane Sandy in New York, I saw whole streets of cars with open sunroofs or the rear passenger windows.
Perhaps there is a leak or system misfunctions and it opens sunroot thinking that the car is submerged.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by beep-beep
I believe the automatic opening of the sunroof is done on purpose. when car falls into a river, the system opens sunroof for people to scale. after huracane Sandy in New York, I saw whole streets of cars with open sunroofs or the rear passenger windows.
Perhaps there is a leak or system misfunctions and it opens sunroot thinking that the car is submerged.
Thank you for the info. I will check the whole system and if I will not find the root cause, I will involve some expert. Thanks again.