A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Got my first Audi, Hello ;)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my first Audi, Hello ;)

Hello guys!

I've got a pre-owned Audi A6 3.2 Quattro 2008 with 35k kilometers only, I like the ride, the drive and I have some newbie Audi questions!

First of all, I'm coming from a BMW history and I can easily find any user manual for my BMWs online, I didn't get a user manual with my Audi so anyone can help getting it online? (PDF)?

2nd, I usually can decode BMW VIN easily to know packages and options installed, can anybody help with this? I tried to Google Audi VIN Decoder but all I found are poor sites with no results

and last one for now, I have Parking Senors installed front and rear and working like a charm but I guess the P Button on the dashboard is not working and I can only activate Audi Parking System via R on gearbox, the button don't have the click sound that every other button has, so I guess it's broken is it easy to replace?

Thank you all
Old 05-01-2013, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pentium3210
Hello guys!

I've got a pre-owned Audi A6 3.2 Quattro 2008 with 35k kilometers only, I like the ride, the drive and I have some newbie Audi questions!

First of all, I'm coming from a BMW history and I can easily find any user manual for my BMWs online, I didn't get a user manual with my Audi so anyone can help getting it online? (PDF)?

2nd, I usually can decode BMW VIN easily to know packages and options installed, can anybody help with this? I tried to Google Audi VIN Decoder but all I found are poor sites with no results

and last one for now, I have Parking Senors installed front and rear and working like a charm but I guess the P Button on the dashboard is not working and I can only activate Audi Parking System via R on gearbox, the button don't have the click sound that every other button has, so I guess it's broken is it easy to replace?

Thank you all
Welcome, I'll answer the questions I know.

Audi doesn't have the owners manuals online, and I haven't been able to find someone who scanned them. You can purchase them from the dealer or try a salvage yard.

Instead of using the VIN for your options, use code sticker in your spare tire wheel well. Take those values and put them an Option Code Decoder

I don't have parktronic so I can't help you with that.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome .. enjoy this site and the a6! what ? only 35K? dammm! good find

not sure if owners manual pdf is avail online .. maybe from a fee based site

pdf sales brochures are easier to find

i believe your best bet is ebay... i see used manuals (w/ folders) all the time on there
Old 05-02-2013, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello guys!

Thank you all
The P switch only operates the front parking, when activated it should show a small light. The reverse gear operates the rear.

Manuals can be found on ebay.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you all for your replies

Originally Posted by xtreetoes
Welcome, I'll answer the questions I know.

Audi doesn't have the owners manuals online, and I haven't been able to find someone who scanned them. You can purchase them from the dealer or try a salvage yard.

Instead of using the VIN for your options, use code sticker in your spare tire wheel well. Take those values and put them an Option Code Decoder

I don't have parktronic so I can't help you with that.
I will try to find the Manual online or visit the dealer, a friend of me owns the facelifted version of the Audi A6/C6 I will try to ask him also

Thank you for the decoder, it works like a charm, there are some options that I have didn't come up in the decoder, like Audi AMI and S Line exterior and this options are factory installed.

Originally Posted by MainlandMig
welcome .. enjoy this site and the a6! what ? only 35K? dammm! good find

not sure if owners manual pdf is avail online .. maybe from a fee based site

pdf sales brochures are easier to find

i believe your best bet is ebay... i see used manuals (w/ folders) all the time on there
Thanks you, yup it is only 35k, used as a second car and was garaged for the last year, I liked it from the first sight

Originally Posted by royclark
The P switch only operates the front parking, when activated it should show a small light. The reverse gear operates the rear.

Manuals can be found on ebay.
I think this button should turn on Audi Parking System, cause reverse gear turn on both front and rear and when I go on reverse the light on the button go green but nothin happens when I click it, I think the button itself is broken, any idea how it is easy to replace?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got the manual from my Audi Service and I replaced the Parking Sensors on/off button on the dashboard.

I like the drive and It's my first 4 wheel drive sedan ever, I think it's pretty good!

is there a way to make the side mirrors close automatically when I lock/unlock the car? I searched my MMI settings but found nothing

my MMI version is 5140, I found an update version 5570, I don't have a Nav, is there anything new in 5570?
Old 05-24-2013, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got the manual from my Audi Service and I replaced the Parking Sensors on/off button on the dashboard.

I like the drive and It's my first 4 wheel drive sedan ever, I think it's pretty good!

is there a way to make the side mirrors close automatically when I lock/unlock the car? I searched my MMI settings but found nothing

my MMI version is 5140, I found an update version 5570, I don't have a Nav, is there anything new in 5570?
No way to make the mirrors fold in / close automatically on this year. Need to turn rear view mirror button to 6 o'clock position.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

okay Thanks alot...