A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Full Service and Maintenance History

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 01:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have Really take care of the car !
Did you change this 3 things four times . Was this a part of Aud service program/ or by your self?

Transmission fluid flush
Brake flush
Replace fluids in differentials
Coil pack
Fuel filter
And i must ask. What did you like most of the C6? 😊
Old 06-05-2014, 02:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by huffy15
wow that's insane how much repairs you put on your car compare to what I did. Did you had any oil leak over the years ?
Never had an oil leak. Had a little seepage from a valve cover gasket around 48k miles and I had Audi replace the valve cover gasket. I can be a little particular when it comes to wanting my car to look and operate just as it did when it left the factory. I have already been contacted by 4 of the mechanics at the dealership asking if I will sell the car directly to them. So the guys in the know don't think it is a lemon and instead just think that I am meticulous.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by audifsi3.2
You have Really take care of the car !
Did you change this 3 things four times . Was this a part of Aud service program/ or by your self?

Transmission fluid flush
Brake flush
Replace fluids in differentials
Coil pack
Fuel filter
And i must ask. What did you like most of the C6? 😊
I really did do all of those things. I don't believe in lifetime fluids. The coil packs and fuel filter wee replaced the first time under TSBs and after that it was just me being a maintenance freak. The best things I like about the C6 is the road feel, the exhaust tone of the 4.2 and the power of the 4.2 on the open highway.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes the car must in great shape. I'll replace my valve and valley gasket this week-end myself. All vwgroup car use sillicon instead of gasket and it tend to fail over time.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
I will try and get you the paperwork. When I picked up the car this morning they only gave me a one page no charge invoice and threw the $4,500 multiple page invoice in the garbage and said it was covered under warranty! LOL
Thank you, its very much appreciated!
Old 06-05-2014, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Kevin, That's insane!

I've spent only $700 total out of pocket at the dealer for my 187,000+ mile 05 4.2 on heater valves and only because I did not have the time to do it myself. I've done all the other ordinary maintenance myself, plugs, oil changes, valve covers, brakes & front wheel bearings. In fact, I just did complete brake job with new Powerstop drilled & slotted rotors, ceramic pads for only $335 complete. Seeing your bills and parts list I'd never own another Audi again!

Mine still runs and looks as good as new with the exception of the warping door blades with no where close to that amount of work. That seems just crazy to me that all those parts could go bad like that in only 135,000 miles.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KnappAttack
Kevin, That's insane!

I've spent only $700 total out of pocket at the dealer for my 187,000+ mile 05 4.2 on heater valves and only because I did not have the time to do it myself. I've done all the other ordinary maintenance myself, plugs, oil changes, valve covers, brakes & front wheel bearings. In fact, I just did complete brake job with new Powerstop drilled & slotted rotors, ceramic pads for only $335 complete. Seeing your bills and parts list I'd never own another Audi again!

Mine still runs and looks as good as new with the exception of the warping door blades with no where close to that amount of work. That seems just crazy to me that all those parts could go bad like that in only 135,000 miles.
It's great to hear from another of the old timers on the forum. I really had no complaints until the 130k mile mark. The items between 100k and 120k were done with me intending to keep the old girl to 200k. Once it got to 130k it just went nuts!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's great to hear from another of the old timers on the forum. I really had no complaints until the 130k mile mark. The items between 100k and 120k were done with me intending to keep the old girl to 200k. Once it got to 130k it just went nuts!
I have Only owned the A6 since april. But have spend 3000$ to now. Coil packs. Motor oil. Filter. Fuel filter 4.new brakes 2. Brake calipper front. Spark. 4 Michelin. Pollen, air filter. The next must be ( i will/ must change the Life Time'oil transmission. 150.000KM he have run". But i wait for new Rosstec..vag diagnose, and can be more wrong, fault to fix. I had many Audi before. 2011-2012-2009. But this "New Old 3.2 fsi i love. The color was the first reason i buy him. A inkasso car, so Santander bank sell cheap. Because the hack, rpm trouble.

Last edited by audifsi3.2; 06-05-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Dang, that's too bad Kevin. We're gonna miss ya over here. You have been a valuable addition here since the beginning.

I hope mine keeps on going OK, but if it does not and something major happens, I have my eyes looking to the A8 area at the moment. Just put tires and brakes on within the last month so hope to see it roll over 200,000 easily this summer. I keep knocking on wood everyday because I still love the A6 with the 4.2 in it.

Good luck with the new ride!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KnappAttack
Dang, that's too bad Kevin. We're gonna miss ya over here. You have been a valuable addition here since the beginning.

I hope mine keeps on going OK, but if it does not and something major happens, I have my eyes looking to the A8 area at the moment. Just put tires and brakes on within the last month so hope to see it roll over 200,000 easily this summer. I keep knocking on wood everyday because I still love the A6 with the 4.2 in it.

Good luck with the new ride!
Thanks for the kinds words. I will be around for a few months waiting for the new car to arrive. I had the W12 A8 as a loaner a few months ago and it is an incredible car. It just seemed like an old mans car to me. Of course every hair on my head is gray and my kids are in college so perhaps it would be the perfect car for me! Lol

Quick Reply: Full Service and Maintenance History