A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Frustrated . . . do I stay with my A6?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxcuTTer
Any make and model, even Japanese, can have severe problems so you might as well get something that you like (love) to drive and accept it, potential problems and all.
+1
Old 05-23-2012, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by revangel
+1
True, but there's no way a toyota camry/honda accord=audi problems.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by r1racer
yup, you have to compare apples to apples. murano is a whole different car.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

perhaps, yes. but will you be as pleased driving the japanese car over the audi? if you're answer is yes - then you pretty much have made your decision.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts

I would not make that statement. I have had two Honda Pilots. The first one had a serious transmission problem which started at about 80,000 miles. I ended up trading it for a second one after resetting the trouble code. We had the first year of the pilot and my wife put on a lot of miles so we were one of the first to have this problem but if you read the Honda forums this is a problem similar in magnitude to the OP's problem. It did not affect all cars but some percentage of Pilots and Odyssey mini vans which used the V6 engine and auto trans had the same problem.

I agree with BoxcuTTEr. Pick a car you like to drive and treat it well.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SchwarzS6
I would not make that statement. I have had two Honda Pilots. The first one had a serious transmission problem which started at about 80,000 miles. I ended up trading it for a second one after resetting the trouble code. We had the first year of the pilot and my wife put on a lot of miles so we were one of the first to have this problem but if you read the Honda forums this is a problem similar in magnitude to the OP's problem. It did not affect all cars but some percentage of Pilots and Odyssey mini vans which used the V6 engine and auto trans had the same problem.

I agree with BoxcuTTEr. Pick a car you like to drive and treat it well.
Thanks for the responses. I particularly agree with your last sentence.

It's hard for me to potentially leave the A6 line, but it is a hassle when the nearest Audi dealer is over an hour away. I'm still leaning towards staying with an A6 (mine or a newer one), but we'll see soon. I'm expecting to hear back from the dealer today since I dropped the car off last night.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckeyedoc006
Thanks for the responses. I particularly agree with your last sentence.

It's hard for me to potentially leave the A6 line, but it is a hassle when the nearest Audi dealer is over an hour away. I'm still leaning towards staying with an A6 (mine or a newer one), but we'll see soon. I'm expecting to hear back from the dealer today since I dropped the car off last night.
Not to mention that it takes them AT LEAST a week to repair the car.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Buckeyedoc006, next time you buy Audi and especially VW, don't forget to buy the longest extended warranty available, if you decide to keep the car longer than 4 years which is the length of the standard factory warranty.

Audi is not known to have great reliability like the top Japanese makes. VW's reliability is industry known to be poor.

The repair bills on my previously-owned A4 had paid for the extended warranty cost almost 2x over, and the A6 is now counting up to get break even on the 10-yr extended warranty that I've bought beforehand.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Buckeyedoc006, next time you buy Audi and especially VW, don't forget to buy the longest extended warranty available, if you decide to keep the car longer than 4 years which is the length of the standard factory warranty.

Audi is not known to have great reliability like the top Japanese makes. VW's reliability is industry known to be poor.

The repair bills on my previously-owned A4 had paid for the extended warranty cost almost 2x over, and the A6 is now counting up to get break even on the 10-yr extended warranty that I've bought beforehand.
My standard factory warranty is 3 years on my 2.7 TDI A6 Avant.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by royclark
My standard factory warranty is 3 years on my 2.7 TDI A6 Avant.
The next new Audi(s) you buy will all have the 4-yr factory warranty. Just remember to buy extended warranty if you plan on keeping the car(s) longer than 4 years.

Quick Reply: Frustrated . . . do I stay with my A6?