A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Exlusive Interview with Anthony Foulk

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exlusive Interview with Anthony Foulk

About Anthony Foulk:
As Product Manager for the Audi A6 and Audi A8, Anthony Foulk is responsible for working with Audi AG to bring the right cars to America and help the Audi of America organization deliver the best product experience. Foulk received his Bachelor of Business from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and went on to obtain his Master of Business Administration from The College of William and Mary.
-----------------

<table width="530" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="Question">Q. What sets the Audi A6 3.0T apart from the competition? </td></tr> <tr><td class="answer"> A. The A6 is a luxury sports sedan with a unique combination of progressive design, sportiness and luxury. With the powerful new 3.0 TFSI® engine, it also has class-leading fuel economy* to go along with quattro® all-wheel drive.</td></tr> <tr><td class="Question">
Q. What most impressed you the first time you drove the A6 3.0T?</td></tr> <tr><td class="answer"> A. What's most important to me in a car is the way it feels when you drive it. The first time I drove the new A6 3.0T, I was amazed at the way 300 horsepower and 310 foot pounds of torque felt. With this new engine and rear-biased quattro all-wheel drive, the car has the power and poise to handle almost any situation. And when it comes to handling, the revised suspension feels sporty and responsive, yet comfortable.</td></tr> <tr><td class="Question">
Q. The supercharger is back. Why is Audi championing its return?</td></tr> <tr><td class="answer"> A. Our engineers looked hard at whether turbocharging or supercharging would be best for the proven 3.2 liter Audi V6. In the end, we determined that the combination of a Roots supercharger and Audi's FSI® direct injection was the best solution. For a V6 engine, supercharging gives the best combination of immediate take-off power, improved fuel economy and lower emissions. And, it gives us the ability to put the 3.0 TFSI in any Audi that has a V6 engine because the Roots supercharger simply sits on top of the engine
in the 'V'.</td></tr> <tr><td class="Question">
Q. The A6 3.0T gets 26 mpg on the highway – what attributes of the vehicle allow it to be this efficient?</td></tr> <tr><td class="answer"> A. The characteristics of a supercharger allow the transmission gearing to be optimized for fuel economy while using the immediate torque for acceleration. Also, to make the 3.0 TFSI more efficient, several new technologies were developed, such as a friction-reducing graphite coating for the supercharger blades and new, more precise fuel injectors. Finally, in addition to the engine, the new A6 has an energy-recuperating alternator for improved fuel economy and a new power steering pump, which uses less energy.</td></tr> <tr><td class="Question">
Q. Describe some of the advanced features that contribute to the safety of the A6.</td></tr> <tr><td class="answer"> A. I think that the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) is a very important safety feature that comes in the A6, since airbags became standard is ESP. Also, the side assist system is an optional feature that helps warn the driver of cars in their blind spot or closing quickly in the next lane.</td></tr> <tr><td class="Question">
Q. In your opinion, what are the best options available on the A6 3.0T, and what would you add to your own customized A6?</td></tr> <tr><td class="answer"> A. While every A6 model already has a great level of equipment, including the Audi music interface, leather seating surfaces, Bluetooth® and SIRIUS®, my A6 would have to include the 19” Sport package with sport suspension, performance tires and sport steering wheel as well as the new third-generation Audi navigation, the Audi xenon plus adaptive headlights with the striking LED DRLs and Audi side assist. This really is a great car that can be sporty and fun, in a luxurious and safe package.</td></tr> <tr><td class="Question">
Q. A BOSE® Surround Sound system is available in the A6 3.0T. If you could drive down any road in America, what would it be and what would you be listening to?</td></tr> <tr><td class="answer"> A. My favorite road is Tantalus Drive, near where I used to live in Honolulu. The power and handling of a 3.0T with Sport package, combined with great views, a curvy road and Moby on the BOSE 5.1 Surround Sound system, would add up to the perfect drive.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Source
Old 06-11-2009, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TIME89
<table width="530" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="Question">Q. What most impressed you the first time you drove the A6 3.0T?</td></tr> <tr><td class="answer"> A. What's most important to me in a car is the way it feels when you drive it. The first time I drove the new A6 3.0T, I was amazed at the way 300 horsepower and 310 foot pounds of torque felt. With this new engine and rear-biased quattro all-wheel drive, the car has the power and poise to handle almost any situation. And when it comes to handling, the revised suspension feels sporty and responsive, yet comfortable.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Source
Being new to the Audi A6 world, does this mean my 2006 4.2 does not have a rear-biased quattro all-wheel drive system? I was under the impression that (almost) all quattro systems where at least 1:2 with the RS4 being 1:4.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could you ask him if/when they will bring the s line model of the 3.0T
Old 06-12-2009, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Exclusive? Try marketing driven BS - not worth your time

Got this in the email inbox. Superficial, nothing new, spin.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

don't get me wrong, but this was not an interview but an ad;
- what do you like best about the 3.0

how about pinning this guy down on bringing an RS6avant, or even an S6 avant for that matter......... how about an individual program as "deep" as the EU program.........

you get a guy like this, don't ask him fluff
Old 06-12-2009, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

When are they going to bring the B & O sound system to the new A6. I hope in the 2010 model.