A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

C6 S6 Modifications experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mplsC6S6
I just had the new STaSIS ECM update/tune installed, along with a Milltek Non-Resonated Exhaust at Carousel Audi in Minneapolis last Thursday August 11th.

I like the STaSIS update - car seems to pull harder and faster in the usual (pre-tune) spots: up to 3000rpm, and again at the higher 4500/5000rpm range - there is a noticable differance.

The Milltek non-resonated system is a bit too obnoxious for me (FYI I'm 34 years old if that helps/matters to anyone). *note I am a fan of exhaust notes and appreciate them for different reasons - I have a Fabspeed system on my Cayenne Turbo and love it! However, I am having the Milltek system removed next week and the original system put back in.

Anyone in or around Minneapolis, MN looking for a brand new (used 5 days) Milltek non-resonated system by chance..?
I had no idea that STaSIS had a tune for the S6... I really wish I would have known about that. For what it's worth, I'm 32 and I feel similarly about the Milltek. So far I've thought it's reasonable if you drive in regular mode and don't punch it - putting around is fine. Getting on it gets loud.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'll also note you're the first person I've found that posts in any forums I've been to that has an S6 in the MPLS area.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mplsC6S6
I just had the new STaSIS ECM update/tune installed, along with a Milltek Non-Resonated Exhaust at Carousel Audi in Minneapolis last Thursday August 11th.

I like the STaSIS update - car seems to pull harder and faster in the usual (pre-tune) spots: up to 3000rpm, and again at the higher 4500/5000rpm range - there is a noticable differance.

The Milltek non-resonated system is a bit too obnoxious for me (FYI I'm 34 years old if that helps/matters to anyone). *note I am a fan of exhaust notes and appreciate them for different reasons - I have a Fabspeed system on my Cayenne Turbo and love it! However, I am having the Milltek system removed next week and the original system put back in.

Anyone in or around Minneapolis, MN looking for a brand new (used 5 days) Milltek non-resonated system by chance..?

You could add the milltek resonators to it - that apparently calms it down quite a bit.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jmlinmn
I had no idea that STaSIS had a tune for the S6... I really wish I would have known about that. For what it's worth, I'm 32 and I feel similarly about the Milltek. So far I've thought it's reasonable if you drive in regular mode and don't punch it - putting around is fine. Getting on it gets loud.
The STaSIS tune for the S6 is relatively new - I was the first s6 that Carousel installed it in...so i kind of went in blind, but knowing it was by STaSIS and backed by Audi it made the decision a bit easier.

And the Milltek's are almost at the point of ruining my driving experience. Sure driving in regular "D" mode helps when you're on flat ground and already moving, but even accelerating just a little to merge onto the highway is so loud in the cabin it distracts from what was/is so great about the S6 to begin with - understated, and a sneaky (somewhat fast) car. I think i fell into the trap that a lot of other people have by trying to make the car faster; but all i have done is ended up dumping more $$ into the car when in reality I liked it better before. And, the now "HEY LOOK AT ME scream from the exhaust when you do get on it at all is too much for me.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
You could add the milltek resonators to it - that apparently calms it down quite a bit.
My service advisor suggested this option - but I think I am just gonna cut my losses and aviod the $500 to order the resonators and have them installed.

Fortunate for me - I did hang on to the OEM exhaust. Unfortunately for me - I'm gonna have a very expensive Milltek system in the rafters of my garage soon...
Old 08-18-2011, 06:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jmlinmn
I'll also note you're the first person I've found that posts in any forums I've been to that has an S6 in the MPLS area.
yep - there's not too many of us around in MPLS or in these forums.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ever consider getting a custom system done? I'm sure a quality shop could build you an exhaust to your liking while keeping the price much lower than any prefab exhaust out there. That way, you can get some power gains, as minute as they may be, while keeping the car at the sound level you desire.

I did it with my A6 and I am very happy. Under normal driving conditions it is very understated classy yet I can still drop a few gears in a tunnel and let it sing.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ynnekdude
Ever consider getting a custom system done? I'm sure a quality shop could build you an exhaust to your liking while keeping the price much lower than any prefab exhaust out there. That way, you can get some power gains, as minute as they may be, while keeping the car at the sound level you desire.

I did it with my A6 and I am very happy. Under normal driving conditions it is very understated classy yet I can still drop a few gears in a tunnel and let it sing.
I'm really having buyer's remorse about this whole exhaust thing b/c I really loved the way it originally sounded...if it ain't broke - don't fix it! Lesson learned. Back to factory sound here I come!
Old 08-19-2011, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Have you considered try the OEM minus rear resonators, as some others have done.. Wondering if that's a happy medium for the little extra growl you're looking for.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did the dealer tell you what performance improvement you can expect from the STASIS tune? According to the Stasis website, they are saying +8hp for $1495. Is that right?

Quick Reply: C6 S6 Modifications experience