A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011
Old 07-25-2016, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C5) Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

C6 ABS module Removal Question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kaferboy1
I just did this yesterday and shipped my ABS module to ModuleMaster. I had to remove the phillips screw holding down the coolant resevoir. Disconnected the harness. Removed the 2 nuts holding the ABS pump to the metal bracket. Removed the upper screw holding the metal bracket. Removed the 2 lower screws holding the metal bracket (hidden under a wire loom). I was then able to carefully "tweak" over the whole ABS assembly away from the bracket just enough to get a wrench on the four E5 Torx bolts. Carefully remove the module straight away from the ABS. After that I wrapped everything in Aluminum foil as suggested by modulemaster. Packaged, shipped, BAM! its off for repair.

Now I just have to deal with lights and sounds of the dash Christmas tree. Just wish the tune was a little less nagging. ;-)
So I'm in the same situation, I need to send my module to get it repaired. How many screws do I have to remove from the ABS module? the above says 4 E5 torx bolts, is that all? I see 2 visible with out unhooking a thing.

thanks
Old 02-20-2012, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

[QUOTE=Chaldean;24263458]So I'm in the same situation, I need to send my module to get it repaired. How many screws do I have to remove from the ABS module? the above says 4 E5 torx bolts, is that all? I see 2 visible with out unhooking a thing.

thanks[/QUOTE

That sounds right. The other two I removed pretty much by feel. Like I said it wasn't easy but i did do in about 30 min. It went back in about as fast.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Remenber to put something to protect the expose part, you don't need to put anything in the module because module master take care of that.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by avirex421
So I got my module back from ModuleMasters and I installed it, toped off the brake fluid - turned on the car and the xmas lights were off. I did notice that my brakes are gone now because I need to bleed them.

Tomorrow I will begin to bleed the brakes so I can drive this thing again.

Any tips on brake bleeding?, Do i just follow the bentley instructions:

1 - Left front brake caliper
2 - Right front brake caliper
3 - Left rear brake caliper
4 - Right rear brake caliper

Did you have to run anything via vag-com?

Thanks for all the help & happy new year.

<TABLE class="abstand-tabelle layoutnormal framenone" border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=bleedleft><COLGROUP><COL width="53%"><COL width="46%"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR class=td vAlign=top><TD class=cellborderright vAlign=top align=left>Rear right</TD><TD class=cellbordernone vAlign=top align=middle>200 ml</TD></TR><TR class=td vAlign=top><TD class=cellborderright vAlign=top align=left>Rear left</TD><TD class=cellbordernone vAlign=top align=middle>200 ml</TD></TR><TR class=td vAlign=top><TD class=cellborderright vAlign=top align=left>Front right</TD><TD class=cellbordernone vAlign=top align=middle>200 ml</TD></TR><TR class=td vAlign=top><TD class=cellborderrightbottom vAlign=top align=left>Front left</TD><TD class=cellborderbottom vAlign=top align=middle>200 ml</TD></TR><TR class=td vAlign=top><TD class=cellborderright vAlign=top align=left>Total quantity → Remark</TD><TD class=cellbordernone vAlign=top align=middle>1000 ml</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=spalte-text><TABLE class="cc einzug-standard abstand-standard"><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-anm><SUP>1)</SUP> </TD><TD class=anm>Including brake fluid extracted from brake fluid reservoir and fluid changed in hydraulic clutch system</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc einzug-standard abstand-standard "><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-liste>– </TD><TD>Fit caps back on bleeder screws on brake calipers.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc einzug-standard abstand-standard "><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-liste>– </TD><TD>Move filling lever on -VAS 5234- or -V.A.G 1869- to position -B- (see operating instructions).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc einzug-standard abstand-standard "><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-liste>– </TD><TD>Detach filling hose from adapter.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc einzug-standard abstand-standard "><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-liste>– </TD><TD>Unscrew adapter from brake fluid reservoir.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=spalte-pfeil> </TD><TD class=spalte-marg> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=spalte-text><TABLE class="cc einzug-standard abstand-standard "><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-liste>– </TD><TD>Check brake fluid level and correct as necessary.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc einzug-standard abstand-standard "><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-liste>– </TD><TD>Screw cap onto brake fluid reservoir.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="cc einzug-standard abstand-standard "><TBODY><TR><TD class=einzug-liste>– </TD><TD>Check pedal pressure and free play of brake pedal. Free play: no more than <SUP class=hochtief>1</SUP>/<SUB class=hochtief>3</SUB> of pedal travel</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 02-20-2012, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

thanks
Old 02-25-2012, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by kaferboy1
I just did this yesterday and shipped my ABS module to ModuleMaster. I had to remove the phillips screw holding down the coolant resevoir. Disconnected the harness. Removed the 2 nuts holding the ABS pump to the metal bracket. Removed the upper screw holding the metal bracket. Removed the 2 lower screws holding the metal bracket (hidden under a wire loom). I was then able to carefully "tweak" over the whole ABS assembly away from the bracket just enough to get a wrench on the four E5 Torx bolts. Carefully remove the module straight away from the ABS. After that I wrapped everything in Aluminum foil as suggested by modulemaster. Packaged, shipped, BAM! its off for repair.

Now I just have to deal with lights and sounds of the dash Christmas tree. Just wish the tune was a little less nagging. ;-)
I tried today to remove this unit, but did not succeed. I have no idea where the " Removed the upper screw holding the metal bracket. Removed the 2 lower screws holding the metal bracket (hidden under a wire loom). " after removing the two nuts holding the abs module, I'm unable to wiggle it out of its place. so I'm assuming I have to remove the black housing. but can not figure out what 4 screws you are talking about. I've attached a picture with the reservoir removed and the 2 bolts holding the module removed.

help
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2012, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

What car it's look different to my, I have a 2005 A6..try to remove the bracket of the radiator reservoir. So you have more space to play
Old 02-27-2012, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I kinda bent the bracket just a bit as you can see from the picture. I just cant figure out how to be able to get the abs module loose. The car is a 2005 A6 3.2
Old 02-27-2012, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

It has a couple of screw in front...check this..http://www.modulemaster.com/en/Audi/A6_info.php is not the same model but its the same way to remove it. BTW your module I think is version Bosh 8.0 it's not listed in the website but they repair my. A+ service
Old 04-23-2012, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've attempted removing the module again (for the 3rd time). This time I got stuck at separating the pump from the bracket so I can have room to remove the abs module from the pump.

There is a pin at the bottom of the pump module attached to the bracket through a rubber piece. I'm unsure how to separate the two. Its a pin not a screw!!

anyone has done this and can explain how to separate the two?

thanks

Quick Reply: C6 ABS module Removal Question.