A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Bluetooth audio (ad2p) with MMI 3G and no (visible) AMI plug

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth audio (ad2p) with MMI 3G and no (visible) AMI plug

Since I'm a brand new member, I want first to say hello to this forum members and thank you in advance for the help you can provide to all of us

My Car:

European Audi A6 Avant (C6) from July 2011 (probably the latest C6 version). MMI is either 3G plus or high (not sure which one exactly but I have the joystick on the ****, a DVD player in the glove box with 2 SD card reader, a "Jukebox" hard disk, the 3D GPS, a 6 CD player in the glove box next to the DVD player, bluetooth handsfree).

My need:
I would like to add audio playblack via bluetooth (called ad2p) which I don't currently have

My problem:
I've seen many posts and videos on internet on how to do it easily but the issue is that I can't find the AMI port you need to plug the AMI aux cable with its extra bluetooth receiver. I've checked both in the glovebox and in the harm rest... Is there a chance this AMI port is behind the DVD or CD Player (maybe used by one of these two player)? If this is the case, I'm fine to replace the CD player by the extra blutooth receiver... Unfortunately I don't have the Audi removal tools and before buying some I wanted to have your opinion on this presence or lack of AMI port in my car.
I've attached one picture that shows the players in the glove box and one picture showing the MMI & Navigation software version I'm currently running.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Images   
Old 08-17-2014, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also interested in this and waiting for someone with knowledge to help.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Although I have a 2G system and am using a Tune2Air A2DP adapter to do everything you both are looking for, the following might be able to assist you:

Bluetooth Audio via MMI/AMI *Finally Possible* - A5_OC

or even this: Add Bluetooth A2DP Streaming to your Audi - A2DP4AUDI - Audi Bluetooth Adapters

As for the location of the AMI, I'm a bit stumped due to your unique config of players in the glovebox. I personally have a Dension 500 installed and still have my CD (never used) buy use my A2DP or USB to drive all my music selection. I personally don't have a iPhone, but have a Windows Phone and an Android and both work flawlessly through the setup.

Oh BTW, the Windows Phone does Cortana directly through the cars BT which is AWESOME. It's like some of the brand new cars, but even better...here's what that looks like:

I need to get a nice dashmount like in the video