A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011
Old 09-07-2016, 01:18 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C6) Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Adaptive Headlight Defective

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 05:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dafrazi
The cornering motor is the thing labeled "MF13" in your picture. I can pretty much guarantee that the wiring is split and shorting or broken. The headlights are branded Hella. You might be able to get new wiring from them. I have the same issue and have attempted to repair it twice by completely disassembling the headlight and repairing the wiring. The problem I've had is the more I fix the wiring the more the wiring falls apart. I've given up on repairing it.
The motor I was trying to change is the Leveling Motor which is shown in the picture (V48)
The Adaptive Motor (V318) is inside the Headlight and I can't change it after all, I need to change the headlight housing and as a new one it's very expensive! I will try to get a good condition used one the next week.

After I returned my headlight, the lights self leveling is now barely working, I can note a tiny vertical movement when starting the engine! it was fully operational before and I have no errors on my dash expect Adaptine Light Defective, is there a way to reset it or something?
Old 05-25-2014, 05:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I re-calibrate the Leveling Unit using VAS, now it's working again, still wana buy a new Headlight any suggestion beside eBay or amazon?
Old 05-25-2014, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pentium3210
I re-calibrate the Leveling Unit using VAS, now it's working again, still wana buy a new Headlight any suggestion beside eBay or amazon?
You can try repairing the wiring, I just put a post up on it.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The motor I was trying to change is the Leveling Motor which is shown in the picture (V48)
The Adaptive Motor (V318) is inside the Headlight and I can't change it after all, I need to change the headlight housing and as a new one it's very expensive! I will try to get a good condition used one the next week.

After I returned my headlight, the lights self leveling is now barely working, I can note a tiny vertical movement when starting the engine! it was fully operational before and I have no errors on my dash expect Adaptine Light Defective, is there a way to reset it or something?
Adaptive Motor (V318) is the thing labeled MF13 in your picture. It's riveted onto the projector assembly. You are correct that it can't be purchased separately from the headlight.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Adaptive Motor (V318) is the thing labeled MF13 in your picture. It's riveted onto the projector assembly. You are correct that it can't be purchased separately from the headlight.
yeah, and that's a bummer...I'm searching for replacement online, any suggestion? or source?
Old 05-29-2014, 05:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

yeah, and that's a bummer...I'm searching for replacement online, any suggestion? or source?
You could try a Hella sales rep. My headlights have Hella stamped all over them.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You could try a Hella sales rep. My headlights have Hella stamped all over them.
mine too, I will check with them
Do u think buying a good state used headlight housing is a good idea? or this problem will just happen in the used headlight

I have the problem in my left unit...
Old 06-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You could also take it apart and replace the wiring or have someone replace the wiring for you. I pretty sure the problem is the wiring not the motor or other components. A good used headlight is good alternative.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Dumbest design ever. Get an error on the dash, pay $1300 for a new headlight assy. So stupid.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by R3Wood
Dumbest design ever. Get an error on the dash, pay $1300 for a new headlight assy. So stupid.
Still working on my side of the Audi Dealer, can u tell me what is the part number of the new Headlight? cause as I know it was fixed with late models.

Quick Reply: Adaptive Headlight Defective