A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2006 Rear trunk lids - How many types (S-line, non S-line, spoiler, no spoiler???)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Rear trunk lids - How many types (S-line, non S-line, spoiler, no spoiler???)

Hey guys,

I have a question and a favor for those of you with 2006 model A6s. I am thinking about getting the Votex 3 piece spoiler but have read here (yes I know how to search) and on other sites that it will not fit an S-line model A6 due to there being some sort of a built in spoiler for the S-line models.

Now I have searched extensively for 2006 model trunk lids, both S-line and non S-line and I don't see a difference between my trunk lid and the non S-line ones.

Here are a couple of pictures of my trunk lid:

Here are some pictures of the non S-line trunk lids I have found online:

Here is a picture of a non US spec TDI A6 with a DIFFERENT trunk lid:

And finally a picture of the S6 trunk lid which I've read also does not allow fitment of the Votex 3 piece spoiler:

So... If you have a 2006 A6, could you please post a picture of your trunk lid? Anyone here with a 2006 A6 S-line WITH the Votex 3 Piece Spoiler who can confirm for me that it DOES indeed fit?

I can see why it won't fit the US Spec S6 models due to their being somewhat of a lip spoiler built in. My S-line rear is definitely not the same.

THANKS!

A
Old 05-19-2009, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. I dont think there is a difference between the s line and non s line c6 a6's
Old 05-19-2009, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The difference is in the older model regular C6 Pre '07 I think.

Originally Posted by haha bye
Interesting. I dont think there is a difference between the s line and non s line c6 a6's
Old 05-19-2009, 08:39 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Wow, I never reflected over that before. I mean that the '06-'07 S-Line differs slightly from the "standard" S-Line exterior on the '08s. The '08s definitely have the S6 trunk "pinch". As a matter of fact from the resource model guide for the '08..."S line front and rear bumper, rear diffuser, and S6 rear spoiler (integrated in trunk lid on sedan...". The S-Line package of the '06-'07 don't mention the trunk, only the bumpers. Interesting.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i found a couple images of my trunk before i put the spoiler on... my car is non-sline and that trunk sure does look the same as yours

Old 05-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

IMHO

the caracter rear end is better than the 3-peice votex one......... i wanted a one piece.......

Old 05-20-2009, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

hey buddah i think yours would look sharp in black... or CF overlay... similar to what the 25-anniversary S4's had as an option (CF rear spoiler, valance, plus front spoiler). seen it on a silver S4 looked awesome.

anyway that was off topic - both spoilers look good... not too many options for our cars
Old 05-20-2009, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Slightly off topic, where does one find the Votex spoiler? I can't seem to find Votex's site.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Jazz - Thanks for the pics. I found another member on the forum who has an 06 4.2 S-Line that has the Votex spoiler so I am fairly convinced it will fit. ()

Buddah - I'm a fan of the Caracter rear bumper and valance with the exhaust tips. It's tough keeping bumpers pristine in NYC with all the parallel parking though. Mind if I ask where you got your Caractre bumper/valance though?? As for the spoiler, I'm a fan of how the Votex just flows with the shape of the car.

DrCold - The Votex was a dealer accessory. You can find it at www.madaudi.com, and I've heard at http://genuinevwaudiparts.com as well but I haven't been able to find it using part numbers listed. Your dealer should be able to order for you too if I'm not wrong. It's listed on the Audi website after all: http://www.audi-collection.com/ForYourAudi.asp

Any 07s or 08s here with the trunk lid that has the little 'pinch' spoiler? I'm curious to know what model year that started here and whether it was part of the S-Line package or not.

A
Old 05-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Meant to add this link in between the () above. For some reason it didn't show in the post above: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/alb...albumid=102367

Quick Reply: 2006 Rear trunk lids - How many types (S-line, non S-line, spoiler, no spoiler???)