A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

WTF? You mean to tell me...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My logic is poor?! You jsut appealed to magic right after you said that!!! HAHAHAH!!! It is an electrical system, there is no magic. If something goes wrong years later, it is unlikely that it will have anything to do with the remote start -if istalled correctly. Which meand by logical neccessary truth that nothing will go wrong -Get it? If someting goes wrong, you did not do it correctly. You should real not appeal to magic when telling someone they are using bad logic... If you like I can write the proof for my above claims... all in Shefer's strokes. lol... gezzzz.

The bottom line is it can be done, and done correctly. I will do it, once I find the info I need.

Almost all cars now-a-days have immobilizers... not a big deal. The only thing, so far, that I have found out of the ordinary is that Audi {wisly I might add} has not released the codes to allow for a bypass with out a hindin key.

If anyone that does know what they are talking about has any tips that make it easier, or info they know is required please post it up.

For the rest please do not appeal to a magical quality that Audis' possess. As no humans knows magic,so it is basicly saying that the car was build by something out of this world. It is a great car and all, but really... It was build by some really nice German guys and gals, and I am sure they did not use magic.

Bis spater.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a prego wife, and I live in a super cold place. So, new babies and below zero are not good. We need to have the car started and ready to go before we hit it. Donot need an alram, if someone steals it, I get a new one free. Just the remote start, keyless entry not really neccessary but normally part of it.

I get it really, it is a pain for most. For me the biggest pain is taking the time and finding the info. But it exists, and electrical is easier than most suspect.. nothing a multimeter, a wrieing diagrame, and time can't handle. If you F it up... un-F it up.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes I have work on electrical before, stop assuming stupid stuff... I have worked on much more complicated, Like large radio telescopes... it is a car... not a rocket... and it is '01 at that! Hahaha. All that is needed is the right info. Everyone needs to calm down about it and find the info to get it done... I hate nay-sayers.. gezzz I will get it done. Just need the right info... all you magic believers do a little dance and ask the fairies to cough up the info! lol!!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes I am educated... Yes I am proud off it. What do you expect,degrees, and the mention of them, are the fundation of credability in our society. That is why the guys that are "Techs" on here put Tech after thier names and sigs... Just becuase you do not like me calling everyone out that claims it is impossible, can't be done, and all the rest of it... If you know how to do it.. post it. The only thing that talking **** about me does is highlight the that you do not know how to do it, so you are left with attacking me to take the spot light off the fact you obviously have no clue as how to do it...anyone that can't do it can claim it can't be done. You sir are the peanut gallery, the cheap seats -top row. Farthest from the stage.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Education or not you are an A** H***. Do us all a favor and try using a spell checker genius. Good luck, I would think by now you should not assume that anyone here is going to help you. Why not ask one of your smart multi-degree snooty friends. My guess is you don't have many.

cheers

Fabricator, designer, BS in Architecture, and Masters in Industrial Design.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Killmon
Yes I am educated... Yes I am proud off it. What do you expect,degrees, and the mention of them, are the fundation of credability in our society. That is why the guys that are "Techs" on here put Tech after thier names and sigs... Just becuase you do not like me calling everyone out that claims it is impossible, can't be done, and all the rest of it... If you know how to do it.. post it. The only thing that talking **** about me does is highlight the that you do not know how to do it, so you are left with attacking me to take the spot light off the fact you obviously have no clue as how to do it...anyone that can't do it can claim it can't be done. You sir are the peanut gallery, the cheap seats -top row. Farthest from the stage.
I think the point being made is that when something either isn't talked about or in fact has not been done at all (at least successfully), that there may be a reason for this (see 4D4's post). As a scientist you should understand the remark made by Dr. Malcolm in Jurassic Park -- "You were so busy worrying about whether you could, that you never stopped to think if you should!" The fact that you are willing/able to try to do this does not make you superior, particularly in light of the fact that the Techs you disparage on here have collectively done almost everything useful and worthwhile to these cars over the years, and so yes they do know a thing or two (actually many).

Your point about prego wife and such is probably legit, but I suggest a much simpler solution: walking out and firing up the car for her the old fashioned way, and if necessary using a second key to lock it if you are so inclined while it warms up.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

wow ppl ..i got an afftermarket alarm system its layng around im asking 100 for it it got 2 controls and a remote start its preety cool an i have a qustion can any one help me with my audi i got a 1999 a4 quattro i have a problem and idk what it is..k SO THE PROBLEM wen i turn it makes a noise like its hiting or rubingagainst something really hard and wen i drive on little bumps it has a sharp noise like its hiting something so if any one know what the problem is email me with some help thnk you very much i apriciate any help vovkamarkovka15@hotmail.com
Old 12-12-2009, 02:06 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

Your theories are nice, but naive. I live in the real world. Piggy-backing onto the factory wiring harness generally results in sub-par splices that fail over time. Aftermarket systems tend to be less durable than factory systems. I quote not magic, but experience and reality.

Remember, everything works in theory, and in theory everything works. Enjoy your journey.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 4Driver4
Your theories are nice, but naive. I live in the real world. Piggy-backing onto the factory wiring harness generally results in sub-par splices that fail over time. Aftermarket systems tend to be less durable than factory systems. I quote not magic, but experience and reality.

Remember, everything works in theory, and in theory everything works. Enjoy your journey.
couldnt have said it better myself. having built many a vw/audi motor for competition, mostly scca, i will say this, if ever i have to do electrical work that requires me cutting into the factory harness i ALWAYS opt to replace the entire wiring harness with a custom made one with the things i need. why you ask? well as 4driver stated hacking into the factory harness leads to sup par performance. i also have witnessed a vw burn, thats right BURN to teh ground, cause of fire? over current on a line that was installed with no fuse. so go ahead and do what you want to do, you seem like a pompus ***, and i could give a flying **** about your pregnant girlfriend, be a man, warm the car up for her yourself
Old 12-12-2009, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow. This is a joke, right?

Quick Reply: WTF? You mean to tell me...