A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

TGIFriday poll: Are you coming to grips with the new format,

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TGIFriday poll: Are you coming to grips with the new format,

or are you still showing pics of IB exec's on your dartboard? I'm somewhere in the middle. Still want to check in here, looks like some people are returning. Still much more comfortable on kawf.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:57 AM
Elder Member

Originally Posted by jbchinoca
or are you still showing pics of IB exec's on your dartboard? I'm somewhere in the middle. Still want to check in here, looks like some people are returning. Still much more comfortable on kawf.
neither/ in the middle...

I never had a problem using the vB format, contrary to some of the thick headed fanboys some of us have used it for years and know it very well (which is why for AW we think it's inferior to kawf).

So I haven't had to adjust/come to grips with it really.

The main issue for me is the arrogance, etc., of IB and the destruction of trust/community, and that has not ended. I still stop by but focus my substantive contributions elsewhere, though not exclusively.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:18 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm coming to grips with it, I hope others do to!

The sting will take a long time to go away though.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Back and forth

More correctly, the new format seems to be coming to grips with me.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

not bad if you use threaded view.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back and forth, but overall, better than it was on day-one.

For example, the search function, while might be better in some ways, lacks some of the features of the old search. I can no longer filter a search looking for a specific post with pictures and/or hyperlinks. Plus, the search results link to an original thread starter, not the specific reply that I may be seeking, so finding information is MUCH harder now...I have to click on every search result, and scroll through the whole thread to even see if it is the post I am looking for.

I do, however, like the WYSIWYG formatting, posting pics and links easier in this format.

I'll get used to it, but I am not over the disappointment in the initial launch.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:13 AM
No Bozos!

It's fine.

I'm on a couple other boards and they were always vB so I was used to it. With the latest tweaks here, it quite nice. I have been reading the other forum and actively comparing the two I just don't care one way or another.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default No problem here

As mentioned before I think that overall I have more flexibility with how I want to view the site depending on my needs at the time. I don't understand why so many took the changes so personally. However I learned a long time ago that "Status Quo" is a formidable opponent.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Fear the Miata!

i'm getting use to it....work has been busy so i'm not posting as much now....
Old 03-27-2009, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default jumped thru 4hoopsof4ring circus just like the car to get it to work 1/2right for me

Yep, just like the car had to jump thru the 4 hoops of the 4 ring circus to get it to even ressemble what we had before and work 1/2 the way i want it too .... i find it truely amazing how we can take the simplest of things in this world and make them so much more complex than they need to be..... welcome TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER .............can any one say George ORWELL?

Quick Reply: TGIFriday poll: Are you coming to grips with the new format,