A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Still without a car almost two months later...ecu?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

certainly not missing your hate of APR...
Old 10-02-2012, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Blackfunk
Sorry to hear about your woes and please don't think that I'm being difficult here, but the burden of 'proof' lies with you and I'm not sure that you've proven that they caused the 'initial' problem.

Here's why I say this, when they sent you your oruginal ecu it worked for xx number of days/hrs.
Now if there's no expressed warranty that covers the rest of your car working then the most that they can be held at fault for (assuming to me at least you haven't actually proven your case) is the initial cost of $599 which as per you should/has been/will be refunded. All subsequent costs that you may have incurred there after in trouble shooting the issue are yours to bear.

Now seeing that they've sent you three seperate ecu's and none work I'd guess that the result appears to be the ecu have been improperly encoded however what are the odds of that actually happening? There's something else wrong with your car here but I don't think that a judge will find in your favor.

I do however wish you the best of luck getting your issue resolve though.
I can't even repeat the whole process again - too many people have asked the same questions over and over without taking the time to read fully what the situation is. Simply READ the rest of the thread and you will SEE how and why I have absolute proof of APR's fault.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

UPDATE

I talked yesterday to yet another manager. On the phone the conclusion "seemed" to be that some fault was admitted while at the same time still tip-toeing around the subject not to admit too much fault.

I was told my COLBY MCCONNELL that the Chris I had been dealing with no longer works for APR....big deal. I was also asked what I would like from their product line. The only thing they have is an exhaust system for my car. So I said I had been considering that. He verbally said, "ok, so if I give you the complete system valued at about $1500 and process the $600 chargeback, and you continue to work on getting your ecu back in shape, can we call it even?" I replied, "that's an odd way of dancing around the subject, but I suppose that will work because APR is obviously not capable of getting my car running".

So I get home, check my mail and see the order. I see a second email from him saying "apr settlement". It states that the pipes are valued high enough that will cover the money paid for the tune I originally paid for and cover any additional damages. Irate, I immediately reply, that this is NOT what was agreed to on the phone. We are back at the beginning, I explain all my costs are not even equal to the pipes and all I ever wanted was my money back and my car running again.

So I am completely fed up. I will continue to wait the 7 days I said I would and then I will file suit. I will contact our company attorney tomorrow and discuss the options.

I politely explained that I did not want the hassle of legal action - and neither did they. The costs, for them, will now skyrocket, but the time for me will now be drawn on for weeks to months before a conclusion is reached. Hopefully someone from APR will come to his/her senses before then.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RMsALFA
certainly not missing your hate of APR...
if you dont like it sod off

APR KNOWS about this issue and wont fix it... if you knew about ECU tuning you would know that code is only ever thrown after a tune if they ****ed something up.

Three strikes on APR's part and only now are they even close to admitting fault.

without going into a diatribe im sick of the blind loyalty to these companies that FLEECE the community. Used to be another company called EUROJET that was big in the VW scene. long story short the original owners are LONG GONE and the company was bought out by Stasis.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What a trip you have been through

I have a simple question that might be relative to your problem and I wonder if you pondered on it also, when you bought this car used are you sure that the mileage was not tampered with or something else by some "shady" software recoding?

Somehow the immoblizer issue rings a bell like something is miss-matched beyond what may be obvious, If I were you I would of bit the bullet and surrendered to the stealership to scan-out the car dirrectly to AOA in Auburn Hills, Michigan
at least to confirm all the modules and coding is correct to the car.

Please excuse me if I'm overlooking or missing your info, just my two sense.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jcman
I have a simple question that might be relative to your problem and I wonder if you pondered on it also, when you bought this car used are you sure that the mileage was not tampered with or something else by some "shady" software recoding?

Somehow the immoblizer issue rings a bell like something is miss-matched beyond what may be obvious, If I were you I would of bit the bullet and surrendered to the stealership to scan-out the car dirrectly to AOA in Auburn Hills, Michigan
at least to confirm all the modules and coding is correct to the car.

Please excuse me if I'm overlooking or missing your info, just my two sense.
I thought the same thing but the code he is getting is pointing to a tuning issue and APR trying to buy him off with an exhaust is also very damning.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
I thought the same thing but the code he is getting is pointing to a tuning issue and APR trying to buy him off with an exhaust is also very damning.
The code he has describes more than a couple of problems, drop back and check it out.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The code he has describes more than a couple of problems, drop back and check it out.
no need, im well versed in checksum errors not something i think immobilizer is even capable of tripping.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Interesting?

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
no need, im well versed in checksum errors not something i think immobilizer is even capable of tripping.
My Ebahn software shows at least six descriptions to the code, at least three of them show a security shield or cover in that order last I saw.
I'm not at my PC now to verify but I will later.

My thoughts are that there is more to this, some other area.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

My Ebahn software shows at least six descriptions to the code, at least three of them show a security shield or cover in that order last I saw.
I'm not at my PC now to verify but I will later.

My thoughts are that there is more to this, some other area.
not calling you a liar but i too would like to take a look at ebahn, http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...5/P0601/001537
states its one of three things with plenty of supporting evidence.

i just dont see how immobilizer throws a checksum error without also throwing an immobilizer error

Quick Reply: Still without a car almost two months later...ecu?