A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Potentially Buying C5 RS6...Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potentially Buying C5 RS6...Need Advice

New Member needing some advice.

I have the opportunity to purchase a 03 RS6 in Daytona Grey. The car somehow only has 20k on the odo.

Here's the issue; I live in Colorado and the car is located at my buddy's dealership on the East Coast, so I am not able to easily have the car checked out. I trust my friend, who test drove the car and said it's very clean, as I would expect for such no miles. Lifter tick, but that's common if the car has sat for long periods of time. The car has barely any service records, which is always a concern, but it has such low mileage that I'm thinking other than oil changes, very little maintenance has been done yet. Exterior/interior are nearly mint. Clean carfax, with only a minor cosmetic accident reported.

Also, no idea if DRC recall has been completed or not.

They are asking $29k for the car.

My question is, would I be foolish to buy this car without service records, or even test driving it myself beforehand? Or, would I be foolish NOT to buy this car, as I imagine it will be the only opportunity I will ever get to own one with such low mileage.

Thanks Guys!
Old 05-04-2022, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'd get better intel at RS6.com