A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Oil Pressure Warning LIght

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 12:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuel pump for a guess - to confirm, pull the rear seat cushion and check if any humming noise when key was turned to last position before cranking. If no humming noise, then the pump is not working.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
if you have the time and the tools, rebuilding these engines can be fun and are very rewarding. the only thing i reccommend is that you have another car to drive in the interim. you WILL break some stupid plastic part or hose only to find you cant replace it for a week!

it also sucks if its your only car as you will feel pressure to rush and finish the job. if this is a spare or spareable car, taking your time to rebuild it will be enjoyable you will also be impressed with the amount of engineering (over engineering in some aspects ) that goes into these audis
only a mexicant should rebuild an engine. the only stupid parts are you and there is no amount of engineering or over engineering that can make you enjoyable.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Well put.

if you have the time and the tools, rebuilding these engines can be fun and are very rewarding. the only thing i reccommend is that you have another car to drive in the interim. you WILL break some stupid plastic part or hose only to find you cant replace it for a week!

it also sucks if its your only car as you will feel pressure to rush and finish the job. if this is a spare or spareable car, taking your time to rebuild it will be enjoyable you will also be impressed with the amount of engineering (over engineering in some aspects ) that goes into these audis
Second that!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Only car

This isn't my only car thank God. I have a company car and an F-250 pickup for dump runs and the like. So it won't have to be a rushed job. I just really like the fact that this car lasted this long and even the last time I drove it, it was a thrill. Still good power, responsive transmission, and that nice little throaty growl from the exhaust. Nice.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Fuel Pump

I have been thinking about this for a while now. If an engine won't start there are only a few things that it can be. Spark, Fuel or Air. I'm sure on this car there's more to it than that but essentially that is what it breaks down to. Thanks for the tip and also the offer of help and support. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by bigdadi
Fuel pump for a guess - to confirm, pull the rear seat cushion and check if any humming noise when key was turned to last position before cranking. If no humming noise, then the pump is not working.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Chagal1
I have been thinking about this for a while now. If an engine won't start there are only a few things that it can be. Spark, Fuel or Air. I'm sure on this car there's more to it than that but essentially that is what it breaks down to. Thanks for the tip and also the offer of help and support. I appreciate it.
to be honest, its the same on this car, it seems you grasp the concept of spark, fuel, air very well, something alot of inexperienced guys dont quite understand; suppose its most guys grew up with fuel injection, whereas us older guys or motorcycle riders know all to well the fun of messing with a carburetor