A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

MAF CEL - Reoccuring

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MAF CEL - Reoccuring

So, my wife's A6 (2006 3L, Auto), has been getting the MAF codes every spring. I use VCDS to read them. I take out the Throttle body and clean the MAF with CRC MAF Cleaner. I Perform the Throttle body adjustment and the MAF is good until next spring. Well, this past week, the CEL came back again, 3rd year in a row. Coincidentally, before any of this started, she had the car serviced at the local dealer and the forgot to reinstall the plastic air flow piece that goes from the grill to the air filter so that car ran like that for a year. Anyway, why would the MAF throw codes and need cleaning every spring?
Old 06-15-2016, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Costasz
So, my wife's A6 (2006 3L, Auto), has been getting the MAF codes every spring. I use VCDS to read them. I take out the Throttle body and clean the MAF with CRC MAF Cleaner. I Perform the Throttle body adjustment and the MAF is good until next spring. Well, this past week, the CEL came back again, 3rd year in a row. Coincidentally, before any of this started, she had the car serviced at the local dealer and the forgot to reinstall the plastic air flow piece that goes from the grill to the air filter so that car ran like that for a year. Anyway, why would the MAF throw codes and need cleaning every spring?
Wrong forum... yours is a C6
Old 06-16-2016, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

either way i dont think the MAF is behind the TB... could be tho. MAF should be right after the air box.