A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Locked keys inside car...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 07:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locked keys inside car...

Crap. Just locked my keys in my 04 A6. I can open the rear trunk. Any one know if I can fold down the rear seats from inside the trunk?
Old 11-15-2014, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by heavykrush2
Crap. Just locked my keys in my 04 A6. I can open the rear trunk. Any one know if I can fold down the rear seats from inside the trunk?
If you have long arms maybe go through the ski sack and rear armrest and up and over.

Otherwise just call a locksmith. It might be done in less than a minute. And get a second set of keys or a plastic valet key.

Last edited by SloopJohnB@mac.com; 11-15-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yep. Just called a lock smith. Have no idea how I did this. I unlocked the car with the FOB, then popped the hood, then dropped my key into the front seat and closed the door. Did a few minutes work under the hood then closed the hood. Walked back to the drivers side door and the car was locked tight.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yep. Just called a lock smith. Have no idea how I did this. I unlocked the car with the FOB, then popped the hood, then dropped my key into the front seat and closed the door. Did a few minutes work under the hood then closed the hood. Walked back to the drivers side door and the car was locked tight.
Lishi Laser Picks HU66(2) - GOSO Lock Picks
Old 11-15-2014, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

My door sensor for the drivers door doesn't register that the door is open anymore, so it re-locks the doors after 30 seconds or something if I've only opened that door.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did this a few weeks ago. I think it is Vag-Com programming that if the key isn't put in the ignition, after a couple minutes the door locks for safety. Or maybe if the driver's door is not opened. Anyway, I was 30 minutes from home, unlocked my car, sat in my passenger seat for a few minutes, put my keys on the dash while I did what I did, and then got out and closed the door.

You can go in through the trunk. I PM'd you how. Not sure it is good to let everyone know the details of how easy it is...
Old 11-15-2014, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jseklund
I did this a few weeks ago. I think it is Vag-Com programming that if the key isn't put in the ignition, after a couple minutes the door locks for safety. Or maybe if the driver's door is not opened. Anyway, I was 30 minutes from home, unlocked my car, sat in my passenger seat for a few minutes, put my keys on the dash while I did what I did, and then got out and closed the door.

You can go in through the trunk. I PM'd you how. Not sure it is good to let everyone know the details of how easy it is...
I'm sure if you shared it with us we would all follow this line..

Old 11-16-2014, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, since you asked for it - if you go in the trunk, and look in the corners where the seats are, on the back of the seat there is a square cutout. On the passenger side, for instance, the square is right where the seat meets the side of the car in the upper corner.

Take a screwdriver (which our cars all have in the tire kit), and lift the latch to the seat. It is that simple. The trick is knowing where the latch is. If you look at the square on the passenger side, it is in the upper left corner of the square and you just push it up with the screwdriver. You can barely see into the square, because if you're like me your head is too big to get your eyes in line with the hole, because the side of the car is there. But once you find it and see how it works...it'll take 2 seconds. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out, because I thought the latch worked differently.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Brilliant! It's a bit of a race as while you're doing all this the friggin car alarm is screeching in your ear. Thanks mate!
Old 11-16-2014, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default locksmith or latch release?

Brilliant! It's a bit of a race as while you're doing all this the friggin car alarm is screeching in your ear. Thanks mate!
so did you do the locksmith or the latch release?

Quick Reply: Locked keys inside car...