A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Huge loss in power, can't get past 2500RPM

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by indoor
This is one of the most useless threads I've read And I don't blame the guy that posted the thread in the first place.
Why? The issue here is simple: did anyone have a similar problem or not? Forget the codes! Did you have this problem? How did you solve it? If you didn't have this problem, that's fine. You are lucky
End of story.
I don't think the issues here are that simple because with out knowing what the op's DTC's are "because he won't spend that $" it's all speculation, not even sure why this thread got regurgitated to the point of picking fly-poop out of pepper.

Others with problems have been asked to present codes when it comes down to electrical engine management by seasoned tech members and some will explain the systems, so it's plain out up to the OP to take the advice offered.

Last edited by jcman; 04-22-2014 at 05:57 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by indoor
This is one of the most useless threads I've read And I don't blame the guy that posted the thread in the first place.
Why? The issue here is simple: did anyone have a similar problem or not? Forget the codes! Did you have this problem? How did you solve it? If you didn't have this problem, that's fine. You are lucky
End of story.
Just stop...thats like saying my engine lights on in my Audi, has anyone else had this problem? Without any codes or any other information. Your saying thats useful or helpful for anyone to make any conclusion on anything. Or my car doesnt start with 0 information, yes how informative. Duhhh I have had the same problem too, my car woudnt start before too. Yes thats helpful im sure that would have helped somebody,. Dude, The OP is absolutely the reason this threads useless. And you adding to it. Somebody lock this damn thing....

Last edited by Prospeeder; 04-22-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BojanA6
Hi guys. I'm new to these forums and stuff and I'm foreign so pardon in advance if I misspell something.

I have an Audi A6 C5 (2002), 3.0L V6 30V Quattro with 218HP (160KW) and I'm having a HUGE loss in power in the last few days.

The car starts fine, it runs great in idle, everything's OK untill I floor the pedal and it just gives me EPC fault on the dashboard and another fault which is, I do believe, for the ESP. I added the attachment of the ESP fault (note it isn't the original photo of my dashboard). So, when I floor the pedal, it gives me the faults and I just can't get above 2500 RPM. It just stays there, no matter how much I floor the pedal. It happens in every gear, doesn't matter if the enigne is cold or warm. Everytime I floor the pedal it gives me the faults and it just won't get past 2500 RPM. So I have to shift it before 2500RPM and I'm driving like a grandpa.

Naturally, I didn't want to **** around the car so I went to see a few mechanics and all of them gave me DIFFERENT reasons for the problem: Lambda Sonda, ESP sensor, fuel pump...

The problem is, I'm not so good with money at the moment so I'm not willing to just take a guess and pay one mechanic to ''give it a try'' with one solution. So, ANY ideas on what do you think it is would be much appreciated. Especially if you had the same problem as me.
Mine suddenly wouldn't go over 10mph.
Result: fuel injection system self destruct. Cost about $2k
Plus antifreeze leak into throttle body area worth about $2500 which Audi ate because because I convinced dealer that it should not happen in less than 60k miles.
3rd and last Audi 2004 CVT 3.0
Great when they work but repairs are outlandish. At 90 I'm not looking to buy another car.