Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 161893

Default how to replace right rear abs speed sensor

Hi all,
My 2003 A6 4.2 has a code saying that the right rear abs speed sensor has a fault to short. I bought a new sensor on ebay and am now trying to install it. I can not figure out how to access where the sensor is plugged in. It seems to be up in the frame of the car. Can someone who has done this replacement before give me a clue on how to di it? Thanks
mswanson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 44417

My Bentley says you have to remove the rear seat bench out of locking mechanism.
Apparently the connector is under the seat.
Then you push the grommet/cable through the panel.
The sensor has a retainer on it that you remove and then pry the sensor out of the wheel housing.
You use brake wheel cylinder piston lube (a grease that is compatible with brake fluid!) to lube the sensor and push it in and lock it in with the retainer.
SloopJohnB@mac.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 161893

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com View Post
My Bentley says you have to remove the rear seat bench out of locking mechanism.
Apparently the connector is under the seat.
Then you push the grommet/cable through the panel.
The sensor has a retainer on it that you remove and then pry the sensor out of the wheel housing.
You use brake wheel cylinder piston lube (a grease that is compatible with brake fluid!) to lube the sensor and push it in and lock it in with the retainer.
thanks! What does the Bentley say on removing rear seat? I have a vag but I really need to get the bentley!
mswanson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 120689

Default pull up on front of bottom seat cushion

Quote:
What does the Bentley say on removing rear seat?
On my 2002 4.2, I just pull up on front of bottom seat cushion. There are 2 u-shaped springs that lock seat cushion into place (no screws or nuts). You can't see them as they fit into a slot in body that is hidden under seat. Rear part of cushion slides under seat backs.
1967 VW Type II |Love my Bus!
1980 4000 |265K miles|2.0L|5-speed|KE-Motronic|SOLD '07
socalclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
04, 2002, 2003, a6, abs, audi, change, rear, remove, replace, sensor, sensortoyota, sienna, speed, toyota