A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Hey..a remote starter for audis that works?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MTykhnenko
I only said its a side option. Best option is to use an aftermarket Immo bypass unit that saves the RF id. That's my old audi, I got off with using one switch, and on my A6, sadly I had to use two as the positioning didn't quite work, so I mentioned two.

Who said I thought you were a kid? Never looked down on you, just thought you were a bit pessimistic in not seeing a possibility like this! Besides, speaking of kids, I'm 20

Long story short, everything is possible, if you put your mind to it.
Oh it's no big deal to me, really.

All that I know is that many IMMO bypass units are out there and a few will intergrate with the post 02's even by can-bus, so they say.

My point is you said that certain dongle/software systems will re-code the IMMO module, so lets get down to the meat and potatoes here and really explain how thats done as to shut it down with out causing other issues, not trying to be snarky but I think I might hear crickets in a field for a very long time before that one walks out on the carpet with true logic.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcman
Oh it's no big deal to me, really.

All that I know is that many IMMO bypass units are out there and a few will intergrate with the post 02's even by can-bus, so they say.

My point is you said that certain dongle/software systems will re-code the IMMO module, so lets get down to the meat and potatoes here and really explain how thats done as to shut it down with out causing other issues, not trying to be snarky but I think I might hear crickets in a field for a very long time before that one walks out on the carpet with true logic.
All ECUs come with a Flash and EEPROM. Flash contains the actual IMMO subroutine, and to turn it on or off as an option, there are several bytes inside the EEPROM that are referenced for the processor. You change those specific bytes, and adjust the CRC accordingly, and tada, IMMO off.

You can ask Ddilenger as he also does work with this, and he also made a nice collection of IMMO off bins on nefmoto.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/foru...php?board=45.0

I know this, simply because I've done this on a weekly basis.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Well....that's just Cool and interesting!

Originally Posted by MTykhnenko
All ECUs come with a Flash and EEPROM. Flash contains the actual IMMO subroutine, and to turn it on or off as an option, there are several bytes inside the EEPROM that are referenced for the processor. You change those specific bytes, and adjust the CRC accordingly, and tada, IMMO off.

You can ask Ddilenger as he also does work with this, and he also made a nice collection of IMMO off bins on nefmoto.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/foru...php?board=45.0

I know this, simply because I've done this on a weekly basis.

I would say I'm defiantly impressed by this info and your elevated knowledge including Ddilenger's at most.

Hope I can stay neutral with no hard feelings from you guys, both of you have deemed valuable qualities to this forum hands down.