A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Extended Auto Warranty(Ultimate Warranty) based in Ohio and Bank of America both suck please read...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Auto Warranty(Ultimate Warranty) based in Ohio and Bank of America both suck please read...

for future reference and protection.

I purchased a service contract from Extended Auto Warranty (Ultimate Warranty) base in Ohio and had to use it but nobody was answering the phones and became a useless warranty.

I contacted my credit card company Bank of America Visa and they said they could not recover or submit a claim for charges that are more then 60 days old from the mailing date of the statement...wtf...no protection from the monthly debits they were taking out on my card to pay for the premium...argggg.

Can anyone give any advice to get my money back and have Bank of America step up to the plate to provide some damn protection.

I wrote a letter to the Attorney General in Ohio and hoping that they have some sort of reserve fund for dead beat insurers like Ultimate Warranty/Extended Auto Warranty.

Sad day for me...
Old 12-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

Hey! WW on that sig. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i love your signature... umm yea they suck, what are you talking about again
Old 12-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Elder Member

Default I doubt you have any recourse re "insurance"..

because these contracts are not insurance, as it is defined, in most states, just as they are not a "warranty" as defined by law: they are vehicle service contracts, rather than insurance or a warranty.

You can try the BBB, the Attorney General, etc., but it's probably not regulated by the insurance commissioner.

As to BofA, consider just telling them if they don't work with you they can cancel your card today and you'll take your business elsewhere.

jc
Old 12-13-2007, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am afraid I am a victim as well. Letter to State Insurance Commissioner?
Old 12-13-2007, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Unfortunate a couple of us here recommended this company. there appears to be...

...a raft of options when searching for a post CPO warranty. No way that i know of to vet the criminals out there. i recall BD recommending an Audi-based company. Must work on the side of extreme caution with this stuff.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Try this: Cancel your credit card - say you lost it....

BoA should issue a new number and card to you and the a**holes at Ultimate cannot charge anything against your old card number since it doesn't exist and is inactive.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Let me get this straight. They're non responsive yet are still charging your account? Fer sure

cancel the card or close the account ASAP.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Fear the Miata!

Default since it's a warranty with specific time limits/terms, call your cc company back and tell them the

60 day rules doesn't apply....send me an email with your telephone number and i'll call you and give you the visa regs that cover this so you'll be able to get a portion of your money back, if not all....

dhpress1ATgmailDOTcom
Old 12-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default another one here (raises hand)

I just finished my last payment on the warranty too and had to submit a claim for a stuck thermostat. Couldn't get through to them at all. My problem is they were taking payments deducted out of my checking account so I will try to take it up with my bank but I doubt I will have any luck with a refund.

What a great way start to a Merry Christmas.

Quick Reply: Extended Auto Warranty(Ultimate Warranty) based in Ohio and Bank of America both suck please read...