A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Engine Pull!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

[quote=deviantirish;24622103]

Replaced the broken hose for the evap.

I don't particularly like worm clamps. They don't clamp uniformly and can come loose. The naked slot type also tend to extrude hose material through the slots. There are slotless worm drives available, gator makes one. Available through Summit racing or ebay. The OEM audi crimp clamps work well (but only once) and the spring clamps are ok if you replace them with new ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMP-Cams-Gator-Brand-Clamp-G31216-/191400696126?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c905ed93e&vxp=mtr
Old 11-10-2014, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=SloopJohnB@mac.com;24622576]
Originally Posted by deviantirish

I don't particularly like worm clamps. They don't clamp uniformly and can come loose. The naked slot type also tend to extrude hose material through the slots. There are slotless worm drives available, gator makes one. Available through Summit racing or ebay. The OEM audi crimp clamps work well (but only once) and the spring clamps are ok if you replace them with new ones.
I actually have the high pressure clamps installed on it now. I couldn't find them at the parts store so I ordered some online. Since I am unsure how much pressure went through that.
Thanks
Old 11-10-2014, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

[QUOTE=deviantirish;24622955]
Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com

I actually have the high pressure clamps installed on it now. I couldn't find them at the parts store so I ordered some online. Since I am unsure how much pressure went through that.
Thanks
fuel injection high pressure clamps?
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2014, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=SloopJohnB@mac.com;24622988]

fuel injection high pressure clamps?
Those are the ones I just bought.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Car is back in the shop. 48hr. Push

Well got the car back into the garage for the weekend with the help of one of our Japanese mini trucks. Hope to get it done this weekend.

My baby is back in the shop to get her heartbeat back.

The motor went in very smoothly. Took just under 30 minutes to get it set in with me and my buddy working it in.

More wires hooked up. Some of the vacuum system ran, Shifter cable hooked up, intercooler charge pipes hooked up. Now remembering where some things go. Its been out awhile.

Would have been further along but one of the coolant lines in the back need fixed.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Good show on fixing the coolant line…you might want to consider replacing all the coolant lines, especially the ones that are hard to get to.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looks great dude! Keep up the work! You're going to love having it back together and running again. I just fabricated a boost leak tester for my car since I have an annoying whistle returning. Hopefully it's just the ol' TBB.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did a test run last night. It lives.

Engine is back together. Started up with no CEL's or vacuum leaks. Found small oil leak on oil return driver's side turbo that I'm fixing today.

Forgot about the oil line when I test fired it. Bought more oil.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did a test run last night. It lives.

Engine is back together. Started up with no CEL's or vacuum leaks. Found small oil leak on oil return driver's side turbo that I'm fixing today.

Forgot about the oil line when I test fired it. Bought more oil.
Glad to hear she's running! And good to hear you did not have to deal with the PITA flywheel timing issue.

The rest of the job should be frosting on the cake, good luck with all!
Old 11-16-2014, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well the oil leak is from the flow 19mm bolt on the turbo. Anyone have an idea of how to tighten it up while in the car? I can reach it from the top.Just can't get leverage on it.

And the axles? Do you have to drop the hub to get them in? They are giving me a huge fit.

Quick Reply: Engine Pull!