A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004
Old 08-15-2016, 10:07 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C5) Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Door contact sensor repair - Updated with pics.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CRuby
vtraudt, what were the symptoms of your bad lock module?
Here's pic of mine, showing where little white rubber square goes.
Yup. Found it right away when taking passenger side out and separated electrical from mechanical.

My symptoms: both front doors only closed properly when using JUST the right (very soft) force/speed to close. Too much, won't fully latch, too little ditto.

Assumption: friction inside the lock mechanism (combined with weakening springs?) causes a bit more required time for the levers to move. Too hard, time to short, door bounces back without latching.

Previous external lube attempt worked for a few days, but then symptoms came back.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 4Driver4
This post is not threaded to the vtraudt post.
It is almost impossible to follow this conversation for those using threaded mode. Please use "quote and reply" to ensure that your posts are threaded correctly.
"Quote and reply" can defeat the purpose. I - for example - HATE it if users constantly use 'quote and reply', often resulting in 8 pages of photos and stuff just to submit a comment (like "+1").

Select the correct option (quick reply, quote and reply; quote and reply but delete what does NOT need to be 're quoted') to serve your intended purpose.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by vtraudt
"Quote and reply" can defeat the purpose. I - for example - HATE it if users constantly use 'quote and reply', often resulting in 8 pages of photos and stuff just to submit a comment (like "+1").

Select the correct option (quick reply, quote and reply; quote and reply but delete what does NOT need to be 're quoted') to serve your intended purpose.
yeah this does irritate me too .. makes reems and reems of constant quoting .. with very little value add. At least delete the pics for christs sake ...

Oh and the +1 is irritating too unles you are asking for opinions , then i wont read the thread anyway
Old 07-21-2014, 06:46 AM
Tech Guru

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by vtraudt
vB software is not the best. I agree with your comments. We have to be courteous in our posting and work within the limitations of the crappy software.