A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Diode for the O2 sensors DOES NOT WORK

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude seriously, you have been told and put in your place, its time for the children to pick up their toys and go home now.

you have ZERO empirical evidence to back up your claim of the o2 sensors damaging anything. seriously if you feel so compelled to tell everyone here they are wrong. go out with a vag com and log your result and post them. we all would be more hten happy to discuss them with you.

until then, please go back to trolling the honda,dsm, or whatever ricebox forums you came from.

because

"this is a forum of learned doctors " (stepbrothers)
Old 03-18-2012, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ok I see your logic.

Originally Posted by badinstincts
No, I removed the precats to make my turbos/engine last longer! I'm mistaking SAI with EGR, are you on drugs? The EGR is part of the SAI system. Once the air injection pump is removed, the combi valves are USELESS! Also when you dont have precats, the entire SAI system is useless because there is nothing to heat up faster!
But its mostly wrong, and I will explain.

1) The SAI system pumps air into the combi valves when a solenoid allows
the engine vacuum to open the combi valves hence allowing the pumped air
into the "exhaust chamber" only to "yes" add oxygen into the cats during
a cold start at idle. Simply put, "Air Into the Exhaust".

2) The EGR system "that we don't have" would direct exhaust gas into the
into the intake manifold to actually cool the combustion process
and reduce nitrogen related gases at idle.

You have the freedom to do what ever you want with your car and I respect that, however when you blatantly state that your are trying to cheat EPA regulations with your car, well that might not get a good reflection here from most members including myself because I do have an EPA certification in my trade to play by the rules and pay by the rules because its the law regardless if you or I like or not.

Now I will say that I have noticed that you have given good advise to others and that's cool and member-like, if I am wrong I will stand corrected gracefully.

My best advise for you is to be very careful what you want to share or ask when it has to do with Federal laws that you are breaking, tricking a lazy o2 sensor or a end of the road Cat to pass until the repair can be done is one thing, but removing emission systems and Cats to pass and to save your engine, come on now.