A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Diode for the O2 sensors DOES NOT WORK

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diode for the O2 sensors WORKS

2001 Audi A6 2.7T

I tried this: https://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng53.shtml

and it works GREAT! Try it!

Last edited by badinstincts; 03-18-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Did you try reversing the diode? Did you put it in backwards? Too high resistance generally indicates the diode is in backwards.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

silver part was on the ecu side. thats what the instructions said. if it was wrong it would have came up with code: no activity...
Old 03-16-2012, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually just did that as well, my dad is a senior technician at a certain company so he knows what he's doing, (when it comes to the soldering, well and he's a good mechanic) but it gives me 4 codes, 2 for one sensor and other two for the second sensor.. just "o2 circuit" and "No activity" for both. Silver side is facing ECU, heat shrink added.. very well soldered.. I don't understand why its not working. But I did unplug my battery just now to see maybe it will re-set all my remembered readings, and maybe it was just seeing that somehow my sensors work perfect out of nowhere. Then later after I will be leaving where I will plug them in and it should be all reset, then it will run on factory settings until its learns my driving..
Old 03-16-2012, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by badinstincts
2001 Audi A6 2.7T
Who knows which measuring block/procedure is the one for catalytic converter? I ended up driving 34miles to pass that one..??? I tried 46,47 didn't work...
It's basic setting 46 & 47, not measurement block. Engine must be around 2000 RPM if I remember correctly and fully hot. Also, other tests have to be OK before that test starts.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

yea, first you go to measuring blocks and then you switch to basic settings, or am I supposed to do them both at the same time?
It would be cool if someone could put a step by step to pass all the test without having to drive at all.

Please... Anyone?
Old 03-16-2012, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by badinstincts
yea, first you go to measuring blocks and then you switch to basic settings, or am I supposed to do them both at the same time?
It would be cool if someone could put a step by step to pass all the test without having to drive at all.

Please... Anyone?
I know the numbers and sequence from doing it for years. Anyway, try this thread. Its a bit off in sequence how I do mine, but it seems to have all the values. I also do basic setting 60 with key on, engine not running. That sets the thrttle basic setting. On automatics, also do basic setting 63 and then step on the throttle all the way with key on, engine not running. Then start the readiness code settings with the engine running. If any tests fail, you have an issue.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=1477650
Old 03-16-2012, 10:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why dont you just pay to fix the correct way?

the rear O2 sensors are critical for measuring catalyst efficiency, IE are your cats bad or not. are they mission critical? no, but why not save up and just fix it right. **** you can by the generic bosch o2 sensors and wire them yourself for under 100 dollars!
Old 03-17-2012, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have no pre cats... No SAI, I can only pass emissions if I revv up my engine while still cool to around 2500-3000rpm and do the test on block 77. my rear o2 sensors pass because I have the bungs on them (spark plug non foulers, drilled out)
Old 03-17-2012, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

You mean you can only cheat the emissions testing procedure which is really only a check on the OBDII codes.

This is the kind of stuff that might lead back to dynamometer/tailpipe testing in high-pollutant areas (and MD might just lead the way although they scrapped their dynos awhile ago) if the current OBDII plug-ins are found to be inaccurate.

Quick Reply: Diode for the O2 sensors DOES NOT WORK