A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

A/C Blowing Hot Air.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Me
If it blows hot air from the get go, that means it blows hot air before heated air is available from the motor, and therefore it can not be the blend door.

What am i missing?

Grant
your missing the fact that its arizona.... it ALWAYS blows hot air right now
Old 06-13-2013, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a problem with mine '99 and found out the condenser fan was not working. I replaced it and the 40A fuse located under the driver's side fuse panel.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's weird, if you put your hand up to the vent the top portion on all of them are cooler than the lower portion.

I took my car to a shop, AZ Auto Masters in Chandler, AZ. They told me that the compressor is leaking, and I will need an entire new A/C kit complete with a new compressor and dryer, will cost $1400 with labor. That's ridiculous, I really don't believe these guys.

I took my car to them in the past to diagnose a oil leak and they said that both turbos are leaking from the seals, and it's about to go, and might have 6 months. I took it to another shop and they said the leaks were from the valve body, possibly the upper oil pan, and the banjo fitting to the passenger side turbo. It's been 8 months, and 12,000 miles and my turbos charge down the road like a monster. So **** that place, good reviews and recommendations my ***. I'm taking it somewhere else to get diagnosed. It has refrigerant in the system, it's just plugged up.. I don't know much about A/C systems, and they probably knew that. Ridiculous.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default good shop?

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
your missing the fact that its arizona.... it ALWAYS blows hot air right now
Turbo, where is a good shop in AZ? It's ridiculous that I can't trust a single shop around here. If you have any recommendations that would be great. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

tuning gruppe has done me well in the past.

problem is its summer in AZ, EVERY SHOP knows they have you by the short hairs right now. not to mention it can be a bear to work on these air conditioning systems.

if the refrigerant is being plugged up i would assume you have debris in the system and that would mean compressor damage. if the compressor is damaged, you will need a new condensor and dryer. hopefully the oriface tube stops the rest because replacing the EVAP is a bear!
Old 06-14-2013, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
tuning gruppe has done me well in the past.

problem is its summer in AZ, EVERY SHOP knows they have you by the short hairs right now. not to mention it can be a bear to work on these air conditioning systems.

if the refrigerant is being plugged up i would assume you have debris in the system and that would mean compressor damage. if the compressor is damaged, you will need a new condensor and dryer. hopefully the oriface tube stops the rest because replacing the EVAP is a bear!
Yeah AZ Auto Air told me the compressor is getting power, but isn't working correctly so I'll just replace the compressor and dryer myself. Isn't too hard to do is it.?
Old 06-30-2013, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just wondering if they told you what isn't working correctly with your compressor - and how they found that out - I mean how did they test it...

My A/C isn't working; blowing air; hot air - when I try to charge it, some charge will go in, and clutch will kick in, but usually lines would start to sweat from cold refrigerant going through it; but nothing, no sweat, no condensation, nothing...
Old 07-01-2013, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jcamaro123
Just wondering if they told you what isn't working correctly with your compressor - and how they found that out - I mean how did they test it...

My A/C isn't working; blowing air; hot air - when I try to charge it, some charge will go in, and clutch will kick in, but usually lines would start to sweat from cold refrigerant going through it; but nothing, no sweat, no condensation, nothing...
I got the compressor replaced by AZ Auto Air. $275 for the compressor from PartsGeek.com and they installed it, put in new refrigerant and oil for $415. No so bad I guess..
Old 07-08-2013, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A C

Originally Posted by KingHamer
I got the compressor replaced by AZ Auto Air. $275 for the compressor from PartsGeek.com and they installed it, put in new refrigerant and oil for $415. Not so bad I guess..
Thanks for letting me know - I guess I will start looking for a new compressor then... I have to redo my seals up top very soon anyway (leaking oil onto ac compressor, smell in cabin and smoking under hood at red light ~ oil) YEEEEEE HA!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jcamaro123
Thanks for letting me know - I guess I will start looking for a new compressor then... I have to redo my seals up top very soon anyway (leaking oil onto ac compressor, smell in cabin and smoking under hood at red light ~ oil) YEEEEEE HA!
I replaced my valve body gaskets when I was having the same issue, I did it myself, took me about 15 hours and I have never done anything like it before. You have to take a lot of parts off to get there. Look into it cause it fixed 90% of my oil leak!!