A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

bentley manual download

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by justinm0424
did it install in c:\program files (x86)\ebahn

Thats odd it works with xp 64bit. On all other 64bit OS's it installs fine and opens but asks if we want to open/save some file and pops up errors about a regform everytime.

Installed on a hyperV xp machine (like xp mode) and works fine.
Yep it is in that directory.

I do plan on a "clean" 7 64bit install this fall with a another new drive/dual boot OS. Just upgraded the MB,CPU, memory and drive again with XP 64bit two months ago, so far all is good.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way it works on Windows 7 is if you run eBahn in a virtual XP machine. I use VMware, since my Win7 is home premium, but if you have Win 7 PRO, it has a Win XP virtual machine built in, which you have to set up and launch for eBahn.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks GTA_Driver!

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
The only way it works on Windows 7 is if you run eBahn in a virtual XP machine. I use VMware, since my Win7 is home premium, but if you have Win 7 PRO, it has a Win XP virtual machine built in, which you have to set up and launch for eBahn.
I'll keep that in mind when I do so.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is this acceptable?
I don't own an XP PC any longer - for over 2 years. I also have a couple of MacBooks. I've been told by Bentley the only way I can use my license is download Virtual XP on my Windows 7 PC. Which as a previous poster stated is a real PITA.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by nickcarguy
Why is this acceptable?
I don't own an XP PC any longer - for over 2 years. I also have a couple of MacBooks. I've been told by Bentley the only way I can use my license is download Virtual XP on my Windows 7 PC. Which as a previous poster stated is a real PITA.
Can you partion your drive to dual boot into a Windows 7 OS?

I have no knowledge of the Mac platform.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

XP mode is not a pita but it is not available in home premium. Must be professional windows 7.

You can run parallels or other virtual PC software on MacBook and install XP. But requires licenses.

Not many programs work with Macs.

Also Bentley has a web program you can pay to us, i believe
Old 10-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I use etka for parts, all data for simple repairs, Bentley for diagrams wiring and some other little things.

Also I have Elsa? Haven't setup but don't know what its for.

I haven't used Bentley in years but plan on rebuilding the Audi and possible buying another one to piece together
Old 05-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have been under the impression that windows can run through bootcamp on macbook, at least that's what I am trying to do right now. More recent posts have people saying bootcamp works a lot easier whereas virtual emulators can stall more or not work at all sometimes. I'm at the part where I have to go to the store and purchase windows 7 still or download to iso flash. Not sure, I have macbook air with external drive.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by imtimmy
I have been under the impression that windows can run through bootcamp on macbook, at least that's what I am trying to do right now. More recent posts have people saying bootcamp works a lot easier whereas virtual emulators can stall more or not work at all sometimes. I'm at the part where I have to go to the store and purchase windows 7 still or download to iso flash. Not sure, I have macbook air with external drive.
If you use Parallels virtualization app or VMWare Fusion, you can just run Windows in a VM. It will not stall or crash.

I've been running Windows XP and 7 as VMs on my MacBook Pro for nearly 2 years.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

My two cents? Its not acceptable. So i refuse to buy anything but paper copies, and even then i try to buy them used so Bentley gets less money. They are arrogant. They are a monopoly.

Grant

Quick Reply: bentley manual download