A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

ABS DTC's

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS DTC's

I recently received two trouble codes while testing for an ABS light on and a flashing Brake light. The problem is intermittent, and sometimes there are no stored DTC's for the problem. The useless BENTLEY manual does not list these DTC's and thus there are no diagnostic procedures for them. The problem first appeared after driving in some very deep snow. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Vince

The codes follow:

Address 01: Engine Labels: 078-907-551-ATQ.lbl
Part No: 3B0 907 551 BA
Component: 2.8L V6/5V G 0050
Coding: 07252
Shop #: WSC 01013
VCID: 63CE643CDBD3

1 Faults Found:

18014 - Rough Road/Engine Torque Signal from ABS: Electrical Malfunction
P1606 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: 0000 0000
-------------------------------------------------------------
Monday,14,February,2011,13:23:05:38880
VCDS Version: Release 10.6.3
Data version: 20101206
vaf
Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 8E0-614-111-EDS.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 8E0 614 111 A
Component and/or Version: ABS/EDS 5.3 QUATTRO D10
Software Coding: 0273004284
Work Shop Code: BB 24334
VCID: 1C3C1FC0A62D
1 Fault Found:

01203 - Electrical Connection between ABS and Instrument Cluster
03-10 - No Signal - Intermittent
Old 02-15-2011, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

sit tight
Old 02-15-2011, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

ok, you went over a rough patch on the road and the wheels spun and lost traction for enough time for the ecu to register the issue...

there is a test procedure for testing the abs/ecu connection and function but you do no have the correct tools for it... clear the code and move on, its not hurting anything, and stop spinning the tires
Old 02-15-2011, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Problem recurrs

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
ok, you went over a rough patch on the road and the wheels spun and lost traction for enough time for the ecu to register the issue...

there is a test procedure for testing the abs/ecu connection and function but you do no have the correct tools for it... clear the code and move on, its not hurting anything, and stop spinning the tires
Thanks for the reply. I don't spin tires, but when my A6 broke out of a snow bank the tires did spin momentarily. The warning lights came on after that.

The problem continues to recur, even during normal driving, and during those times while the warning lights are lit, the ABS does not function and EDL is not active. Thus the vehicle does not handle or brake properly, and there are potential hazards inherent in this condition.

In my research I found one comment about the potential of low brake fluid levels possibly causing some problems with ABS/EDL. Can the cause be as simple as that?

If you are aware of a testing procedure, please reply with the procedure and a list of tools needed to accomplish the task. I've accumulated a significant number of special tools since I've owned 4 Audi 5000's, a 100CS Quattro Avant and 2 Audi 2000 A6 Avants on which I have done all of the repair work.

I need a little heads up on this because my work area is covered with snow and it is damn cold out where I have to work.

Thanks,
Vince
Old 02-15-2011, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

you dont own the tool.... only the dealer has it, its a cable that connects the ecu and the abs module to the 5051 machine

ill look into the tech manuals and see what i can find, make sure there is no damage to the abs sensors as well (dont know why there would be)
Old 02-16-2011, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

you dont own the tool.... only the dealer has it, its a cable that connects the ecu and the abs module to the 5051 machine

ill look into the tech manuals and see what i can find, make sure there is no damage to the abs sensors as well (dont know why there would be)
In this test result (18014 - Rough Road/Engine Torque Signal from ABS: Electrical Malfunction ) what sensor or part of the ABS system is responsible for generating this signal, and how is the signal generated, i.e., what series of events cause the signal to be generated.

I used VCDS v10.6.4 with a HEX+USB+CAN interface from VGA-COM, and the code referenced above was obtained.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default ABS DTC Codes and Bentley vs Audi USA

In a related issue, I have taken exception with Bentley Publishers on the lack of detail, absence of a full listing of DTC codes and related testing and repair procedures in their manuals. They in turn referred me to AudiUSA for refusing to release the full details necessary for the publishing of a COMPLETE repair manual.

I just got off of the phone with AudiUSA in New Jersey, close enough for me to go visit and hassle them for the reason why they deliberately withhold information from the public in what is purported to be their OFFICIAL FACTORY REPAIR MANUAL.

For every member here and non-members who come here for information Bentley and Audi via their licensing agreement with Bentley make a considerable profit. I didn't say earned. And, as consumers we have a right to have the information that one would expect in an OFFICIAL FACTORY REPAIR MANUAL.

For Audi to withhold critical DTC's and the related procedures for conducting troubleshooting test and repair, especially on critical safety related issues boarders on being criminally negligent.

I bring this up because I am at a loss as to why such a large community of committed enthusiasts is so impotent in addressing this unacceptable circumstance. What better place can there be to organize some sort of concerted effort to remedy the situation.

I would be interested in hearing comments from as many as possible on this issue.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

order the manual from erwin..... has all the information youll ever need.

as far as the signal... its the abs sensor, its a magnetic sensor
Old 02-16-2011, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Or the same information as Bentley at a higher price and more difficult user

order the manual from erwin..... has all the information youll ever need.

as far as the signal... its the abs sensor, its a magnetic sensor
interface. As a graphic designer, I am familiar with the Bauhaus movement and the look of Bauhaus inspired work. After more than 1/2 hour of browsing through erwin site, I don't feel very informed about what I would be purchasing. The only impression that I got was that I would be buying a more expensive, more user unfriendly version of what Bentley publishes. Apparently the source of the information is the same, Audi, and that source has been less than forthright in supplying ALL of the information one needs to have a complete thorough and up to date repair manual, and there is nothing on the site that assures me that I would be getting anything better than what I have now with a Bentley CD.

Regarding the sensor, if the problem is the sensor and the VCDS v10.6.4 with a HEX+USB+CAN interface from VGA-COM is as versatile as advertised, why does the DTC not say specifically that the problem is a failed sensor.

The fact is that it does not say that, it say something else, and your response does not answer any of my questions. Further one word answers are not very helpful. I already know it is a magnetic sensor; their locations; how the signal is generated, and have actually removed and replaced a few of them, but that was not the DTC when they failed.

If you cannot be more informative please don't bother to reply; perhaps someone else could be more helpful.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

dude seriously **** off, your not the god of audi i was trying to help... seriously the erwin stuff is the SAME stuff they give us in school.... anyways ill take my 2000+ pages of DTC codes diag procedure elsewhere... good luck getting help *** bag....

and the site is not deisng in the style fo the bauhaus ar-tard, its more ULM school

peace

Quick Reply: ABS DTC's