A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

2001 Audi A6 2.7L Biturbo Quattro.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pyrobionic
I got this car for a great price I've always wanted an Audi. And the cars is worth a lot more then I paid. I so when I found it I took it. Has 100k miles on it a full service record and no accidents on carfax. And the turbo is dinner to play with in my opinion. I had a 2.8 jetta manual. But the car just didn't have the physique this Audi does. And the jetta would not pick up like this ether no matter what I did to it. So basically I traded in my VW for its bigger brother.
Got it! Yeah, Jetta is not going do much (I suppose you could blow some N-Oxide into its nose to wake up)..

I had a 2.7T and a bad case of turbos/luck, got rid of it. Moved to 4.2 and never looked back. Like GTA_Driver mentioned, the V8's acceleration, torque and the feel of the car is just, well, very nice!. Nice enough that I am pouring $60+ every/other week (depending on shoe weight).

So, you got 100k miles and it's due for good maintenance. Do you have its prev. records? Otherwise, consider t-belt, water pump etc. job. (Ah..this is getting old... it's like a Tylenol commercial; same pill for many patients). You might also have to do a Valve cover and cam chain tensioner gasket(s) job.

First, make sure there are no leaks. Even if it is not leaking now, it is due and will deliver soon!
Forget the trans fluid change if you are contemplating ripping it out for manual. Otherwise, I'd strongly suggest adding that to your list, along with diff-gear fluid changes and any tail-shaft seals etc. and may be a Brake flush. Did you check to make sure all CV boots in good condition? Otherwise, well, you get where I am going with all this...

I am not trying to discourage your enthusiasm to mod or turn it into a real screamer... just that from a practical perspective, this is what's down the road on it...and all that should keep you occupied for quite sometime as it is...
Old 01-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I have the papers on the services basically every thing you said is done except the timing belt. And also all the sensors are new.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pyrobionic
Yeah I have the papers on the services basically every thing you said is done except the timing belt. And also all the sensors are new.
If you are planning to mod the engine for more output, you might want to look at performance parts. 4.2 is an interference engine (google) and I think 2.7T is also the same type - what that means is that if your timing belt gives, party is over in more ways than just a broken belt. Anyway, a good timing belt, water pump and related parts are required.

There are many threads on this topic so, just search and you'll find good info.