A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

i need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help

i have a 2001 audi A6 I recently left it sitting for 12 months with out turning it on it ran great and had no problems I came back to turn it on my batt was dead change the batt know car does not want to turn on the engine does not even turn over its currently in the shop and the mechanic said its the electronic immobilizer but I have the original key when I bought the car and know all of a sudden this can anybody help
Old 12-05-2013, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's in the shop already, so the mechanic should deal with this.

by the way, the immobilizer will let you start the car, but it will kill it as soon as it starts if there's a mismatch between the key and the stored value.

so if it's not cranking, it's not your immobilizer.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
it's in the shop already, so the mechanic should deal with this.

by the way, the immobilizer will let you start the car, but it will kill it as soon as it starts if there's a mismatch between the key and the stored value.

so if it's not cranking, it's not your immobilizer.
do you have any idea what it could be he change the starter and still the same when I first got back I put a charged batt on put the key in turn it half way and everything lite up but when I turn the key to start it nothing happens does not crank or nothing
Old 12-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Guru

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

Immobilizer would not stop the car from turning over.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

do you have any idea what it could be he change the starter and still the same when I first got back I put a charged batt on put the key in turn it half way and everything lite up but when I turn the key to start it nothing happens does not crank or nothing
Old 12-05-2013, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by tuna138
Rat or rodent ate a wire or shorted something? Pretty simple to check whether voltage is getting to starter or not and go from there. Do the headlights work with the new battery or is everything dead or does just the starter not work?